Injury

By the time they got home, Nadia was very much awake and full of energy.

The men assumed she had slipped slightly, for she was giggling manically at everything.

A tall building? Giggle. A funny person? Giggle. A dog? Giggle.

It was cute, but also made them slightly concerned. As soon as they got inside, the girl had ran off.

Deciding to leave her be for a bit, the men walked toward the kitchen.

After shrugging off his blazer and taking off his tie, Luke rolled his sleeves up.

"What do we do?"

Will laughed, sitting himself onto a barstool and steepling his fingers together.

"Relax, she's fine. She just has a lot of energy from the nap, which I think caused her to slip a bit. We just need to watch her."

Luke looked blandly at the attractive man across from him.

"...Which we're not doing," he muttered.

Will scowled. "She's fine. It's been like, two minutes."

Right after the words left his mouth, a large crash was heard from the other side of the apartment.

Luke looked wide-eyed at the man, before running toward the noise.

The dark-haired man was right behind him, muttering curses as he walked.

What he walked in on nearly broke his heart.

His girl, sat on the floor crying hysterically, with broken glass all around her.

Luke was kneeling in front of her, trying to console her. Once she calmed slightly, still crying, he asked what happened.

She sniffled, trying desperately to get the proper words out.

"I was- I saw, uh, the pretty vase," she stopped, heaving in breaths. He knew the one she was talking about, it had simply been used as decoration on a shelf in the guest room.

"And- um, I tried to get it down, because it was pretty and I wanted to see. But it fell! And- and- I'm sorry! And it cut my foot!" She went back to hysterical sobs, not only in pain but fear that the men would be mad and no longer want her.

Luke sighed and grabbed the girl's cheeks firmly, forcing her to look at him.

"Look at me, baby. You're not in trouble, ok? It was an accident and-"

Will tuned him out, finally noticing what he had been too distracted to notice in the beginning. Blood.

All over the bottom of her right foot, where he could faintly see the cut underneath.

He sucked in a sharp breath, before turning and marching toward the bathroom for a first aid kit.

When he once again reached the room, his eyes immediately went to the bed, where the girl was now draped on Luke's lap, sniffling into his shoulder.

The larger man sat slowly next to them, and grabbed the girls hand.

"Can I look at you foot, baby?" He asked quietly, voice rough from the shock of the entire situation.

She peeked out from the comfort of Luke, his hand still rubbing up and down her back.

Looking at the tattooed man with teary eyes, she nodded slowly.

"Good girl," his voice caressed her skin, causing her to flush.

He lightly grasped her ankle, moving it to his own lap. The man grimaced when he saw the jagged cut, thankful that there wasn't any glass still in it.