Overwhelmed

She jolted awake, sitting up in bed abruptly, tears streaming down her flushed cheeks. Her breathing was heavy, thoughts of the nightmare plaguing her mind.

She had to remind herself that she was safe now. She had Will, and Luke, and Margaret and no one could hurt her. Hopefully.

She was shivering, hugging her knees to her chest. A glance at the fancy alarm clock told her that it was a little past 6 in the morning. She desperately wanted to go find one of the men and let them soothe away the memory, but she remembered what they had said the day before. They were taking her to their work today.

There was no way they would want her clinging to them like a helpless little girl. She needed to be strong and show them that she could, in fact, be professional. Tears pricked her eyes when she made the silent decision, but she forced them back. Her mother had always hated when she acted like a child, and it was clear she had gotten too comfortable around the men.

The girl sighed, before lying back down stiffly, choosing to simply wait until one of the men came to tell her to get up. She wasn't going to be able to fall asleep again, not after that nightmare.

After what felt like hours, the girl heard her door creak open. She closed her eyes quickly, and tried to calm her breathing. Surprisingly, she didn't flinch when a warm hand was placed on her cheek. A lightly calloused thumb stroked softly at her skin, making her want to cry.

They were so sweet.

"Time to get up, darling," a smooth voice cut into her thoughts, making her eyes flutter open in faux wakefulness.

She was met with the smiling face of  Will, who bent to place a kiss on her forehead.

"Good morning," he went on to tell the girl to get ready and come out for breakfast but she found herself only barely paying attention, her mind still focused on her earlier thoughts.

"Mkay, good morning, " she mumbled, before climbing out of the bed and starting on the tasks.

<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3

As they stepped out of the apartment building and toward an awaiting car, Nadia couldn't help but smile. She was excited to be outside and going somewhere.

She had always loved being outside, feeling the soft breeze and the light of the sun. As they stepped into the black SUV, however, her thoughts changed. She felt weird, almost as if she were being watched.

She thought of the strange man she had seen and the even stranger note. She shook the thought off, however, knowing that she should trust Will and Luke to deal with it like they said they would.

She was suddenly made more aware of Luke's presence to her left, as he placed a warm hand on her exposed thigh. She had wore a black skirt today, with a loose fitting pastel pink sweater.

"Are you excited?" The man asked, massaging the flesh gently.

Her cheeks heated with the touch, but she managed to compose herself quickly.

"Yeah," she gave a soft smile, before looking back at the fingers she had twisted in her lap. She glanced out the window, eyes widening at the large buildings passing by. Pretty.

She must have zoned out, because before she knew it the car was stopping in front of the now familiar building. Her hand was taken, startling her slightly as she looked out the open door and saw a smirking Will.