A Week And A Half Later

"D-Damn it, we are mostly out of food and we are stuck in the middle of the Phayor outbanks!" Kaitlyn said furiously while dramatically checking the supplies level.

"Lars, just keep following this path and we will be there," Zac said.

"Fine," Lars snapped back at Zac.

"What the-!" Someone yelled. Both Zac and Lars stopped arguing to find an Ark decapitated on the path. Lars was unable to stop the horses in time and they ran over the body. Kaitlyn gagged when the carriage went upwards. The wagon came to a stop and Kaitlyn jumped off to examine the body.

"O-Oh god its a-a body oh no b-but the head in nowhere insight and these cuts l-look fresh. I can't look anymore." Kaitlyn said while running back to the wagon.

"What could have done this?" Zac questioned pointing his index finger towards the body also making sure his jacket and shoes didn't touch it.

"Don't know, there are all sorts of theories of what lives here," Lars said. "Come on we can't delay anymore,"

BANG BANG.

"The hell? A gun? Aren't those banned?" Zac said in a panic, turning around in a 360 motion around the area.

"HOW?" Both Kaitlyn and Lars questioned.

"Behind you," A sleek and raspy voice yelled. Everyone looked behind them to see a group of thirteen Arks wearing matching brown leather jackets and jeans. Around their necks were colorful bandanas. The Ark in the middle was holding a revolver and was hastily reloading. The rest were holding swords, bows, lances, axes, and gauntlets.

"You think you have us outnumbered?" Lars laughed, spreading his ancient wings open.

"Uh, yes," Said the leader, turning his revolver around his finger.

"Now," Lars yelled. Everyone jumped out of the wagon armed and flew at the bandits. Kaitlyn and Zac fired off ranged attacks from the back. Before long, all thirteen rouge bandits were cold on the ground bleeding. Lars picked up the revolver while the others hacked away at the bodies of the bandits. He took the revolver and stomped on it, crushing it into pieces. They walked back to the wagon and continued on the path.