Two Days Later

The dirt path stopped and turned into an old stone walkway. Lars hit the reins on the horses to give them more umph as they went up the hill. "Wow this hill is sure steep," Lars said.

"Yeah, good thing we are almost to the top," Zac said. The horses pulled the wagon to the top. There, Zac and Lars had a view of the front of Mirador Fort. Zac took out an old pair of binoculars and examined the small fort. He took note that the gate was closed and the only two archer towers were empty and had no ballista.

"Hey Lars," Zac called.

"Yeah?"

"The fort seems to be abandoned, the gate is closed and the towers are empty with no balistas,"

"We should still proceed with caution,"

"Yeah, what should we do about the wagon?"

"Let's set up a camp on the base of the hill,"

"Okay," Lars turned the wagon and pulled it off of the side of the old stone trial.

"All righty, game plan everyone!" Lars yelled as everyone emerged from the wagon.

"Yeah? What i-is the game plan Lars?" Kaitlyn asked.

"Me and Zac just looked at the outside of the fort and it seems abandoned, but we should still tread lightly,"

"Yes please, I don't want anyone to die,"

"First thing first is that we must leave ten of us here to set up camp and prepare for our victory celebration," Lars looked at the group and pointed out the lucky ten.

"Hopefully we have enough meat for this," Zac said

"We should have, we've been hunting like crazy last night," Kaitlyn replied.

"Good," Zac replied.

"So, L-Lars if we leave the wagon here we are just going to walk the rest of the way right?" Kaitlyn asked.

"Of course not! We are going to fly most of the distance," Lars snarled.

"What about us!" Zac said.

"Make use of your teleport spell thingy,"

"Lars, there is a problem with that, the spell only works if I have physically stood where I want to go, and if I took Kaitlyn with me, I wouldn't have enough magical energy left to fight!" Zac said defensively.

"Fine, whimsy pants, I will carry you!" Lars said in defeat.

"Wait what about me?!" Kaitlyn said in a shock.

"Find a ride elsewhere," Lars said. Kaitlyn shook and looked around in a panic and asked the nearest female inverted ark, she agreed. After everyone was armed, Zac and Kaitlyn climbed on the backs of their respective mounts. After everyone said their goodbyes, they flew off to the front gates of Miradoor. They flew for a few minutes until Lars started to descend.

"Uhh, Lars why are you descending?" Zac said in a panic while clutching onto his tome.

"We can't be too care free we must remain cautious," Lars replied.

"Oh, good point," They all landed and marched the rest of the way.