Chapter 15

THIRD PERSON POV

THIRD PERSON POV

Picking up the phone Klaus calls his younger sister wondering where she is.
"Rebekah, where are you? Pick up the phone, darling. Daddy is dead. It's time for a family reunion."

He receives another call and switches to it

"Stefan! Miss me already?"
"I'm just calling to thank you for my freedom."

"Oh, I like to believe I'm a man of my word, more or less."
"Thing is, it came at too high of a price. You took everything from me, Klaus."

"Let bygones be bygones, trust me. Resentment get's old."
Klaus approaches his truck in which he transports the caskets

"You know what never get's old? Revenge."
Klaus opens the truck and it's empty, the caskets are all gone

"No."
"What's the matter, Klaus? Missing something?"

"What are you doing?"

"Just enjoying my freedom."

"I will kill you and everyone you've ever met!"

"You do that, and you will never see your family again. I wonder Klaus, as someone who has been one step ahead for a thousand years...are you prepared for this?"

-

Emma's POV

I was cleaning some glasses at the grill as Elena and Damon stood near me with Elena on the phone.

"Jeremy the second you get this call me!" Elena yelled frustrated into her phone as it went to voicemail.

"Is everything alright with Jeremy?" I asked worried something happened to him.

"Yeah he's fine it's just this is unbelievable!"
"You are feisty when you are mad." Damon commented.
"It's not that I'm mad. I'm just-I'm worried."
"But why? He lost his job at the Grill. He can survive, Elena."
"He is spiraling. Ever since Bonnie broke up with him, he is moody, he is not really talking to anyone."

I had just finished my shift so I took off my apron and walked towards Damon and Elena.

"It's typical teenager."
"For who Jeremy? Who's seeing ghosts and has lost everyone that he cares about." I told Damon.

"Well, not everyone. He still has you two."

"You okay Damon?"
"What makes you think I'm not okay?" He asked me. Before I spoke up Elena replied.

"Well, you're daydrunk. It's not exactly your most attractive look."
"Hmm- what is my most attractive look?" He said as he moved closer towards her.

Ok now I feel like I'm third wheeling.

"Ah, ah- I'm not saying you have any attractive looks. I'm saying this is my least favorite one..."
"Noted. See if I can make any improvements."

This is awkward..

"Don't mind me." I turned around to face the familiar voice.

"Klaus." Elena gasped shocked.
Damon stepped forward blocking Elena and I from his view.

"You gonna do this in the Grill? In front of everyone? It's a little beneath you, don't you think?"
"I don't know what you are talking about." Klaus shrugged innocently.

"I just came down to my local pub to grab a drink with a mate, get a round in would you Tony?" Klaus asked on of his hybrids.

"That's the guy who I saw on my run." Elena whispered towards me.

I looked up her then realised Klaus was having her followed.

"I'm surprised you stuck around town long enough for happy hour." Damon spoke venomously.

"My sister seems to be missing. Need to sort that out."

"Cute blonde bombshell, psycho. Shouldn't be too hard to find."

"Truth is I've grown to rather like your little town and some of its residents." Klaus stated looking at me. I felt the blush coming up on my cheeks as I looked down.
No Emma he's the enemy remember!

"Think I might fancy a home here. Oh I imagine you're wondering how does this is affect you. The answer is: not in the slightest. As long as I get what I want and everyone behaves themselves you can go on living your little lives however you choose. You have my word." Klaus continued.

"What more could you possibly want?" Elena argued stepping forwards.

"Well for starters, you can tell me where I might find Stefan."

"Stefan skipped town the second he saved your ass." Damon stated while moving closer toward Klaus.

"Well you see that is a shame." Klaus said sarcastically. "Your brother stole from me. I need him found so I can take back what's mine."

"That sounds like a Klaus and Stefan problem." Elena stated.
Klaus moves toward Elena and I as Damon steps in between us.

"Well this is me broadening the scope, sweetheart." Klaus then looked me in the eyes.

"I'll see you soon love."