KNOT 15 - MORTAL DEITIES

"It's time", the lunar matchmaker god announced. A glittery white smoke engulfed the hadana's body while a swirling black smoke enveloped the jursa as the lunar matchmaker god began striding towards where the destined couple is standing. Hadana Bom lifted her gaze and stared at Dara and Jiyong. The words that Jiyong uttered when Dara was listening to the music with her headset on resonated on her mind.

"Someone told me I'm not the guy for you and that something bad will happen if I don't let go. I don't want to believe him, but the thought that he's right scares me. How could I forgive myself if I don't see your smile anymore?"

The swirling smoke surrounding Hadana Bom and Jursa Seunghyun's body became thicker and thicker at each passing moment. Their ethereal orbs were being drawn out, causing them to recoil their bodies while clenching their fists. They can already feel the vulnerability of their mortal shell as their powers are being stripped off. But before all her powers were taken away from her, Hadana Bom formed a white ethereal orb on her palm and tossed it upwards; the orb flying to the sky joining the stars.

"I don't like it when you're in pain. I don't want anything bad to happen to you. Ever since I met you, I've felt the things that I thought I've already forgotten. Do you know you're the one who scares me the most? When you don't hold tight while riding my motorcycle, when you don't throw tantrums, when you don't say what's on your mind... I'm sure when we get untied, I will be scared. It's like I'm back to being a kid again - helpless and weak"

Dara lifted her left hand and rested it on Jiyong's arm; the red string binding them together swaying with her every movement. Ascendant Yang Goon grabbed the red string and stared at it for a while, his eyes mirrorring his sadness. He then opened his palm and the cord sparkled in a beautiful red light as it elevated in midair; slowly untying itself from Jiyong's right wrist and Dara's left wrist. The lunar matchmaker god opened his tattered brown bag and the string flew and settled inside, together with the other red strings of fate.

"Can I be selfish? Even for just a while? I promise to step away when the time comes for me to let go"

Jiyong's eyes fell on Dara's wrist and upon noticing the absence of the red cord, his heart raced as panic started spreading through his system. He tightened his hug on her while biting his lips in worry, as if someone's going to snatch her away from him. The painful feeling in his chest was almost unbearable as his mind wandered back to his conversation with the deity. Will something bad really happen to Dara if he holds on to her? Is he willing to risk it?

He tilted his head and looked down at Dara who was still engrossed with the fireworks, her face lighting up brightly as she watched the night sky. He stared at her for a while as he recalled the moments they spent together.

His days became interesting when she entered his life. Her miu miu can be annoying, but it eventually became a comfortable and cute sound that his ears wanted to hear. Whenever she watches a drama, he always waits for her reaction and prepares a tissue for her crying saga. She is just too adorable when she flips out at the drama ending. Walking at nowhere in particular became very enjoyable as well because he knew, Dara is just trailing behind him - watching her steps while humming or just staring at his back. Her goofy actions and cheerful disposition brightens up his mood and her touch calms his heart.

He squeezed his eyes firmly before looking up at the full moon, his mind filled with questions. After a while, he leaned down and whispered on her ears. "Thank you....Dara", he said in a tight voice. Will he be able to let go?

He heard her gasp in surprise before turning around to face him. "You said my name", she exclaimed in disbelief while looking at him with wide eyes. "Hubby, you called me by my name!", she excitedly gushed and was about to hug him but her arms hung in midair as she finally noticed the missing red string.

"Oh my God", she whispered and looked at Jiyong's wrist. "W-We're untied"

"Yes, we are", he answered while staring intently at her.

"We're untied! Hubby, we're finally free!", she shrieked and jumped towards him, wrapping him in a big hug. "WE'RE FREE!"

"Y-Yes, we're free"

"Aren't you happy? We're untied!"

Jiyong swallowed hard and forced a smile. "I'm happy", he replied, even though he is petrified inside.

_____________________________________________________________

Ascendant Yang Goon stepped back and stared at the destined couple whose wrists are now bare of the red string of fate. He then somberly looked at their pinky fingers and sighed. If he tied the two together when they were young, will things be better? A small smile formed at his lips as he turned around. After realizing who tied Dara and Jiyong together, he now understands that fate has something different in store for the two.

The lunar matchmaker god glanced towards Bom and Seunghyun. The thick white and black smoke that enveloped the hadana and jursa's body slowly vanished and the two slumped on the ground while breathing raggedly. They both looked around and it is evident that they can no longer see the entities beyond the human realm.

Old Man Coyote stood beside Yang Goon, both of them staring at their descendants with a mixture of worry and pride.

"They look like lost kittens", Jae Sang remarked.

"From here on, we can only watch, old friend", the lunar matchmaker god reminded him.

_____________________________________________________________

"Is my name the magic word? Isn't it amazing?! That's why we can't find it in the dictionary! Gosh, those deities sure are smart. Perhaps they knew you never call anyone by their names. By the way, what were you thanking me for earlier?", Dara glanced at her side and saw Jiyong still looking intently at the full moon as they were sitting on the bench. "Hubby?", she called out and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Mmmhhhmm?", he mumbled.

"Is there something wrong?"

Jiyong tilted his head and looked at her, staring at her beautiful face that always brings peace to his heart. How can he tell her what's troubling him? He doesn't know how to put into words the fright that he is feeling at the moment. They're untied, and that means so many things...especially for him.

"Hubby? Tell me what's wrong"

"Miu miu...", he mumbled in a flat tone.

"You're scared?", Dara said, a smile forming on her lips, as if understanding what he meant. Jiyong nodded. "Why? Because we're untied?", she asked.

"Meep.."

Dara sighed and looked up at the sky, her head still rested on his shoulder. "Honestly, I am too", she said. "I don't know what we should do next. When we were tied, the situation drove us to only one direction, which is to be with each other all the time. Now that we're free, we can now move separately. We have no more reason to be stuck with each other."

"You're probably going to drive me crazy with worry", Jiyong remarked. Dara glanced at Jiyong's grim face and chuckled.

"I'm a grown woman, hubby. You don't need to worry about me", she said as she sat up and leaned back on the bench.

"Oh yeah?", Jiyong's eyes turned into slits while looking at her.

"Yes"

Jiyong suddenly wrapped his arm around her waist and leaned down, their faces only a few centimeters apart. "Show me what a grown woman should do if someone takes advantage of her in the bus or in the subway"

Dara swallowed hard as he felt his breath fanning her lips. "G-Grown woman should scream", she stuttered.

"And?"

"A-And call her hubby?", she said.

"Hubby is not around anymore", Jiyong whispered before pulling back. "You're already making me worry", he sighed heavily and raked his hair in frustration. "I might get a heart attack if you ride a public transportation"

Dara giggled and wrapped her arms around Jiyong's torso while resting her chin on his shoulder. "You're so cute"

"I'm serious, cheeseball"

"Arasseo", she mumbled and kissed his shoulder.

"And what if someone bumps into you when you're walking on the street? You might get hurt. And can you even operate a gas stove? On second thought, you should never be allowed anywhere near a gas stove. Got that? Never", Jiyong mumbled absent-mindedly.

Dara listened to his yammering without uttering a word. She just stared at him with amusement as he went on and on with his endless reminders which is getting more ridiculous at each passing minute.

"Microwave? No, I can't trust you with that either"

'No to microwaves, too?', she thought while smiling inwardly. The list of furnitures that she is not allowed to operate is increasing.

"If you're going anywhere, even the restroom, you need to inform me"

"Even the restroom. Ok, got it", she playfully said, obviously not taking him seriously.

"Should I just put a tracking device on you? Hmmmm", he said and pondered for a while.

Tracking device?! Ottokae. Dara never imagined that Jiyong can be very psychotic. It seems he is really concerned about them being untied, which actually warms her heart because he is thinking about her welfare to that extent.

"And you can't go inside an elevator alone", he continued.

"Why not?"

"Because! What if it stops and you got stuck there...without me"

"Hubby..."

Jiyong glanced at Dara with tired eyes and rested his forehead against hers while sighing. "I sounded so crazy, aren't I?"

"And creepy"

"And creepy", he repeated while shutting his eyes close.

"I'll be fine"

"I get restless whenever I think about you without me by your side", he admitted as he pulled back and looked directly at her. "What should I do?", he asked in a hushed tone, his eyebrows furrowed with worry.

"Just trust me. I'll be fine, hubby"

"Promise?"

"I promise", she answered and averted her gaze before looking at him once again with a shy smile. She bridged the gap between their faces, giving him a soft kiss on the lips. "Promise stamped"

A smile finally formed on his lips, which immediately vanished with Dara's next words.

"I'll go to Hongdae at night...ALONE", she suddenly blurted out.

"Are you trying to kill me?!", he hissed, making her laugh.

_____________________________________________________________

CL's POV

I tilted my head in awe while staring at the very beautiful, but very weird, woman in front of me. She did the same - tilting her head and staring at me with wide eyes.

I immediately straightened up and cleared my throat, pondering over the current situation. I looked at the tall guy who is quietly standing behind her, looking every inch an aristocrat. I feel like if he opens his mouth and utters a command, I have to do everything in my power to make it happen.

Where did these two come from? I was really surprised when they approached us earlier and introduced themselves. It seems like they're either members of a royal blood or they're some mythical creatures that just stepped out of a fairy tale or, I don't know, heaven perhaps? And what's with the weird names? Hadana Bom and Jursa Seunghyun? Are they from another country?

"So, you and...him...are Dara's friends?", I asked, confirming what she told me a while ago. She nodded enthusiastically while beaming at me.

"And Kwon Jiyong!", she added.

"You know Jiyong hyung too?", Seungri suddenly materialized beside me and draped his arm over my shoulder. I instantly elbowed him and shooed him away from my personal space. I swear, there should be an automatic barrier between me and Seungri.

"Yes, we do. And we need to talk to them because we have nowhere else to go", she explained and glanced towards the guy who was keeping silent the entire time. "Aren't you going to help me out with this or do you prefer to stay on the street? Your mortal shell will n-"

"Hadana Bom!", he growled. I almost cowered in fear behind the vagina because his deep voice is just intimidating. He strode towards 'Hadana Bom' and yanked her away from us after excusing himself. They began bickering in a near distance and I heard them saying the words 'mortal' and 'earth-dwellers' a few times.

Having been near them for a mere five minutes makes me want to believe in unicorns and leprechauns again because they just have this aura...magical aura? Okay, I give up. They're plain weird, period. Their clothes are very elegant but the way they speak is a bit odd. I can totally picture the two of them living in a very big house made of pure gold in some enchanted forest.

I yanked Seungri by the arm and we both turned our backs at the two weirdo to discuss what we should do.

"Dara is not answering the phone", I said and showed him my phone. "What should we do?"

"I bet they're riding the motorcycle right now. Why don't we wait for them in your apartment, sweetheart? It's getting a bit cold already", Seungri suggested.

"Excuse me? I don't want to let strangers in my new apartment. Especially you!"

"Sweetheart, I'm your vagina, remember?"

I just vomited inside my mouth with what he said. I don't even want to challenge his reasoning because my head might explode before I can kill him. Logic never really works on him anyway.

I glanced back at the two weirdos who are claiming to be Dara's friends. Why do I feel like this will go wrong in a hundred different ways?

_____________________________________________________________

SANDARA's POV

Unbelievable.

I looked interchangeably between the two deities who are now standing in the living room of CL's new apartment. They're here and other people can see them. No swirling white and black smoke. No disappearing acts. No magic. Nothing. This can't be good. I don't know what kind of idiotic crap they got into this time but I have this nagging feeling that it has something to do with both Jiyong and I again.

I'm glad Seungri was able to drag CL out of here so the four of us can talk. There are so many questions floating in my mind that I don't even know where to start. I glanced at Jiyong and frowned upon seeing his expression. He looks really agitated and restless.

"We haven't formally introduced ourselves", the deep voice of the male deity interrupted my thoughts. "I am Jursa Seunghyun and this is Hadana Bom. We are deities but we are going to be earth-dwellers for one full moon"

What?

"Earth-dwellers?", I asked in bewilderment.

"We're going to be mortals for one month", Hadana Bom grumbled.

My eyebrows arched up after hearing her reply. Is there really no end to all this weirdness? I honestly don't want to associate myself with them anymore, what with the magical red string and such. Who knows what kind of disaster they will get us into this time.

"So, you two are being punished?", Jiyong suddenly asked.

"No. We-", she looked at Jursa Seunghyun who just shook his head. "We can't divulge a lot of details regarding our complicated situation", she finally said. "Please help us"

"Help you?"

"We have nowhere to go", the male deity sighed exasperatedly. "And only you two have seen us before. Please help us"

"No", Jiyong said firmly and crossed his arms over his chest. This is not going to be easy. It's pretty obvious Jiyong is still pissed at the two for having us go through the tough ordeal of being tied to each other.

"Jiyong...." He just glanced at me for a moment and immediately looked elsewhere with furrowed eyebrows. Oh mannnn. This big guy is throwing tantrums again.

"Hubby", I stood in front of him and rubbed his arms gently. "They have nowhere to go", I reasoned.

"Cheeseball, that means they want to live with us"

"So?"

"I can only live with you", he said.

"YOU TWO ARE LIVING TOGETHER?!", CL's booming voice filled the apartment. I bolted my head towards the door and saw CL standing there with Seungri right behind her. My jaw dropped to the floor and my mind immediately drafted some plans on how we can run away from here before CL grabs an axe that she could drop at our skulls.

Oh God, catastrophe. I can already picture the gates of hell opening to welcome me.

"C-CL"

"Yes, we're living together", Jiyong nonchalantly said. GAAAHHH!!!

"I thought you're just living near his place", CL glared at me accusingly and started striding towards our direction. "Even when Joo Won asked you to move in with him, you declined."

Jiyong stiffened and he stared stonily at me. I bit my lips, unable to say anything. This night is turning out to be a bloody mess. Gosh, MIGRAINE.

"Get your things and move here NOW"

"WHAT?! NO!", Jiyong's voice hiked up and I immediately jumped in the middle of the two. "Jiyong, I-"

"Sandara Park! There is a weird sound coming from my stomach!", Hadana Bom interjected, adding up to my stress. "Is this what you call 'hunger'?", she asked. OMG! Help!

"Me too. And I think I need to discharge some fluids called urine", Jursa Seunghyun announced. ACCCCCCK!!!!

The apartment became a madhouse as everyone started talking simultaneously. My brain is about to explode, trying to figure out whether to address the cyborg's tantrums, CL's fury or the deities' moronic questions.

"All right!", Seungri clapped his hands, catching the attention of everyone. Thank heavens for Seungri! "Kids, let's address the problems one by one", he said. "Sweetheart..."

"Don't call me sweetheart!"

"Sweetheart, please give Banana Bom-"

"Hadana", the deity angrily huffed.

"Please give Hadana Bom some food", Seungri instructed. "Jewish Seunghyun-"

"Jursa. Jursa Seunghyun"

"Jursa Seunghyun. If you need to pee pee, the restroom is over there. Honeybunch", he pushed Jiyong towards me and pointed at the door. "Please talk to Jiyong hyung outside"

"VAGINA, DON'T LET DARA-"

"Sweetheart", Seungri sternly said and CL miraculously shut up; stomping her way to the kitchen while grumbling.

Peace was restored on earth, at last. I smiled gratefully at Seungri while pushing the steaming cyborg outside.

_____________________________________________________________

"No", Jiyong brushed his face with his palms in frustration before glaring at her.

"Jiyong..."

"I said NO. Why would you need to move out?"

"We're already untied. We're not in a situation where we have no choice, Jiyong. And besides, didn't you tell CL that I'll be her roommate once we graduate?"

"I was not thinking straight that time!"

"But still-"

"Dara...", Jiyong pleadingly called her name, shutting her up instantly. "Dara, don't do this please", his voice is barely above a whisper as he stared directly at her.

"Hubby, what's wrong? We're still going to see each other", she cooed and placed her hands on his chest while trying to make him understand their situation. "Jursa Seunghyun will stay with you and Hadana Bom will stay with us. I will still be your executive assistant and we will always still be together"

"It's different", he argued.

"Things are different now"

"I don't want it to be"

"Hubby..."

Jiyong rested his forehead on Dara's shoulder and sighed heavily. "Let's go home. Mmhhhmm?"

Dara chuckled and wrapped her arms around him. "My hubby is being a kid", she mused.

"Can I stay here, then?", he asked.

"Have you seen CL's knives?"

"Can I kidnap you?"

"Stop joking", she replied while giggling. Jiyong straightened up and stared at her once again, his eyes mirroring his worries.

"I think I'm going to go crazy later"

"It's going to be fine", she assured him.

"Remember, don't roam around by yourself. You have to call me if you're going anywhere"

"Yes, hubby"

"You don't know how to cook so don't even dare go near the kitchen. You could get yourself killed if you try to operate anything"

"Yah!"

"And stop watching Lee Minho dramas. They're crappy"

"YAH!"

"And..."

"And?", she asked while pouting, expecting another round of bashing against her fave actor.

"And just...just always answer my calls. Please. Always answer my calls and see me as often as you can. This is seriously driving me insane, Dara"

Her chest constricted at the sight of him evidently suffering by this sudden change. They've been with each other for so long and they have grown accustomed to each other's presence. But they both know that their separation is something that needs to happen.

"I will, Jiyong", she answered. "I promise"

_____________________________________________________________

SANDARA's POV

As soon as Jiyong and Jursa Seunghyun left together with Seungri, CL slammed the door so hard and faced me - with a glare that promises a galaxy of pain if she doesn't hear what she wants to hear.

CL strode towards the kitchen and sat on the dining table across Hadana Bom. I was holding my breath while following her every movement with my stare. "Let's talk", she said between gritted teeth. Translation: Come here where I can easily pull your hair.

NGAHHH!!

I timidly sat on the chair beside her; my mind and body in full alert just in case the need to leap away from her claws arises. It is very seldom that CL's mother hen mode appears but when it does, it really sucks out my soul.

"So..."

*GULP*

"You two have been living together all this while?", she asked.

"It's not what you think, CL. The situat-"

"Yes. And they sleep on the same bed!", Hadana Bom merrily chirped in between eating. My mouth gaped in shock and I was practically screaming in my head. OHMYGOSHHH!!!!! SHUT UP!

"On the same bed?! Is he your boyfriend?", CL scowled at me, not liking what she's hearing. I guess it's her conservative week this week.

"N-No"

"Then what are you two?!"

"A couple", Bom chimed in again. I will seriously kill her later.

"A couple of what?! A couple of morons?", CL's bulging eyes are totally frightening. I feel like I'm looking at the eyes of a predator.

"We're not a couple! We're just..*gulp!*..friends", I answered defensively. What are we anyway? I'm not sure either. I intentionally avoided bringing up the topic with Jiyong since we're in a bizarre situation before. How awkward would it be if it turns out he's just physically attracted to me because he has no choice, right?

"Friends?", Hadana Bom snorted. Urgh! She is not helping at all!

"I mean, you two have been kissing each other, haven't you?", Bom said nonchalantly. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You what?", CL eyed me accusingly while I shudder in fear. When I thought she's going to swallow me whole, she just sighed heavily and slumped her shoulders. "Do you know what you're doing?", she suddenly asked and stared worriedly at me.

I was not able to answer. What am I doing?

"Don't you realize you're giving him everything of you, just like what you did to Joo Won", she continued.

My mind wandered back to the intimate things I did with Jiyong. Being tied together and being with him every single minute, it's inevitable for us to develop a connection. But now that I think about it, my toes are cringing from humiliation. Oh my gosh, how embarrassing! How could I have done that when Jiyong and I are not in a relationship?!

*Sigh*

I guess things are getting clearer now that we're untied. How could I face Jiyong tomorrow? Just remembering the things that we did-...UGH! Damn it. I feel so stupid. HOW VERY EMBARRASSING!

I was still in my miserable state when I heard the deity's laugh. I darted my eyes at Hadana Bom who is merrily chewing the food that CL prepared; her cheeks pushing up and her eyes squinting with amusement.

"Forgive me for laughing. But the social norms centuries ago up to this current period never fails to entertain me"

Eh?

"Tomorrow is going to be interesting for you, Sandara Park"

_____________________________________________________________

The jursa's stomach made a very disturbing noise, successfully interrupting Jiyong's thoughts. They've been standing in front of Dara and CL's apartment building for a while now and Jiyong does not seem to have any plans of leaving any time soon.

"I think this mortal body is about to faint because of hunger", he remarked.

Jiyong sighed and with heavy footsteps, he headed towards the parking lot followed by the jursa. He is fairly certain this is going to be one hell of a night for him. His assumption was proven to be correct after spending the next few minutes struggling to get the helmet on the deity and arguing with him to get on the motorcycle.

"I prefer to ride the bus or the subway", Seunghyun complained.

"Get on", Jiyong said in a stern voice.

"I am uncomfortable of being in that close proximity with you"

"Just get on the fcking motorcyle!"

The jursa looked at Jiyong wearily before swinging his legs to get on the human vehicle that he abhors. He has observed how the piece of metal speeds through the road and the thought of riding one with his vulnerable mortal body is not very welcoming at the moment.

Jiyong cursed under his breath when Seunghyun tightly wrapped his arms around his body, almost crushing his bones. Their position is indeed very uncomfortable because the jursa is almost attaching himself to him - even pressing his face firmly against his back.

"What the hell are you doing?", he hissed.

"This vehicle is not very safe so I need to hold on to you until we reach our destination"

DAMN IT! Jiyong donned his helmet and started the motorcycle. As soon as they speed through the streets, the jursa began shrieking in terror like a little girl, successfully getting the attention of the people they pass by.

==

CL arched her eyebrows as Dara's phone beeped once again. It hasn't been an hour since they parted but Jiyong has been texting her nonstop. He would have called if Dara did not send a message to him not to since her mind is cluttered at the moment, what with CL's naggings and the hadana's psychotic pieces of wisdom.

"Your 'HUBBY' is looking for you again", CL said in a flat tone, making her pout. She hugged her knees while sitting on the couch and began reading the message.

From Jiyong:
Do you still have any clothes? I can drive there and bring you some

"Dara, if you leave me with that weirdo, I'll stab you", CL warned her while looking at Bom who was busily doing something in the kitchen that they can't quite comprehend. She was tasting everything she laid her hands on and doing all sorts of crazy expressions while mumbling to herself.

Dara began typing to her phone as CL continued watching what the hadana is doing.

From Dara:
I still have some clothes here. CL moved my stuff as well

From Jiyong:
How about towels? Blankets?

From Dara:
I'll borrow some from CL

From Jiyong:
Toothbrush? You forgot your toothbrush. I'm coming right now

From Dara:
Don't worry, I still have my toiletries here

"From what kingdom did that princess come from?", CL suddenly asked. "How did she become your friend?" Dara lifted her gaze and groaned in frustration as she saw Bom sticking her head inside the freezer of their refrigerator.

"She's actually...uhm...my distant cousin. Her name is Hadana Bom, but you can just call her Bom", Dara said.

"All your relatives are overseas, right? Why is she here? And she didn't even bring a change of clothes with her"

"W-Well, she's that spontaneous"

Dara's phone beeped again, making CL frown. "Is there no end to that?"

"It's work", she lied.

From Jiyong:
I think I forgot something in your strawberry backpack

From Dara:
No, you didn't. I checked it. You got all your stuff

From Jiyong:
It's a tiny important piece of paper. I'll be there in a few minutes

Tiny important piece of paper? Dara stifled her smile at Jiyong's obvious attempt to see her. She can imagine him saying those things with a deadpan expression on his face, which makes it more hilarious. The cyborg is really cute sometimes, especially when he's being clingy.

From Dara:
You don't have to come. That tiny important piece of paper is not in my backpack

"Why are you smiling creepily?", CL interrupted her.

"It's work", she answered without thinking.

"Huh?"

From Jiyong:
You forgot your toothbrush.

CL almost jumped out of the couch when Dara started howling in laughter.

==

"DAMN IT!", Jiyong exclaimed exasperatedly while holding Dara's toothbrush on his left hand and his phone on the other. He already ran out of stupid reasons just to see her and Dara is not even helping at all!

He threw the toothbrush back on the toothbrush holder and strode towards the living room, collapsing on the couch where Seunghyun is rigidly sitting.

"I'm not used to not having her around", he admitted and glanced at Seunghyun who was just eyeing him silently.

"Oh! You're talking to me? Ah yes, you can see me now", the jursa mumbled.

"You have a lot of explaining to do"

"What is there to explain if you will not understand anyway"

"I still don't believe what you told me", Jiyong said after a while. "Isn't it better that I'm by her side no matter what bad things might happen to her?"

"You are responsible for your own actions, Kwon Jiyong. Whatever you plan to do, it is beyond me"

"I don't want to think about this right now", Jiyong stood up and grabbed some clothes and blankets from the bedroom and threw it at Seunghyun. "Try to act like a normal human while you're living in our world", he reminded him.

The night seemed so long. Jiyong rolled on his side and stared at the now vacant space where Dara usually lies. The bed felt so big without her by his side. And the room is now filled with silence without her endless whinings about the crappy dramas she's watching, or her shrieks whenever she clings to him...or her annoying random words. Miu miu. Flying Meadows. Hubby.

Hubby....

Without realizing it, he became 'hubby'. He can still clearly remember that night when he first saw her; crying inside the other elevator while staring at him. And he still remembers how frustrated he was when they were tied together. How could he have been tied to an annoying, talkative woman who does stupid things armed with her stupid strawberry backpack? His frustration kept piling up as days pass by. To keep his sanity, he just lets her do whatever she wants to do without giving a damn about it; intending to keep his silence and just go about his business with her tagging along. But Dara wouldn't leave him alone and keeps on bugging him. She would cling to him and do annoying things that will drive anyone crazy. She keeps on talking whether or not he's responding to what she says. But...she makes him feel that she really cares for him. Her warm smile, her silly actions, her worried eyes...

Before he knew it, little by little, he is paying more attention. Little by little, the annoying things that Dara does became his source of comfort. Little by little, he started to care.

Jiyong rested his arm on his forehead and stared at the ceiling, his mind still filled with thoughts about Dara. 'I wonder what that cheeseball is doing right now', he thought.

_____________________________________________________________

SANDARA's POV

Panda eyes. I wasn't able to sleep properly last night as I think about things. It just feels so empty without Jiyong by my side.

"I'm going, CL! Take care of Bom! I might come home late", I shouted as I headed towards the door, feeling a bit disoriented since this is my first time coming to work alone.

"You better make sure you're returning to this home!", CL yelled back.

"Yes mom!", I playfully replied. I glanced at Bom's room before heading out. Fortunately, the apartment that CL rented has two main rooms and one guest room, making it more comfortable for the three of us. I have yet to talk to the deity about a lot of things but I wasn't able to do so last night because of all the chaos. I want to ask her a lot of things, especially about the red string. Just the thought of that cord being the red string of fate, as described in the 'Old Man in the Moonlight' book, gives me fluttery feelings. What if...Jiyong and I are really destined for each other? WAHHHH!!! My gosh, feelings calm down! Calm down!

UGH!

Honestly, I'm not sure how to face and act around Jiyong now that we're untied. Things started to sink in as I lie alone in my room last night. A tidal wave of post-embarrassment hit me forcefully and I'm cringing every time I think about the mushy and intimate things I did to him. GAAAHHH! Why did I do all those things?! Hubby?! I'm calling someone who's not even my boyfriend 'hubby'?! And I even admitted that I have a crush on him! ARRGH!! I seriously want to bang my head on the wall.

It felt so normal when I was tied with him. But now that I'm not...I don't know. Tsch. No. Things between me and Jiyong will remain the same. I will still act the same way around him and I will still playfully call him 'hubby' and we will still kiss-...WE WILL STILL KISS?!!! GAH! WHAT THE HECK AM I THINKING?!!! I'm going out of my mind just thinking about meeting him today. I didn't even notice that I've already arrived in the office and almost missed my bus stop.

Walking alone felt so foreign to me. Not even once did I catch myself glancing by my side or staring forward, expecting to see Jiyong with his stoic expression as he walks gingerly with my strawberry backpack draped on his shoulders and with his hands shoved inside his pockets.

"Hey! Dara!" someone poked me by the shoulder, startling me. I turned around and was surprised to see Joo Won.

"Oh. Hey"

"I've been calling your name since you entered the building"

"Sorry. I didn't hear you"

"So...uhm...the weather is nice today, isn't it?", he said while scratching the back of his neck, not meeting my eyes. I can't help but chuckle at what he did, remembering how he was when we just started dating. Joo Won would oftentimes blurt out the most silly things if he wants to talk to me but doesn't know what to say, which I find really cute and endearing.

"Yes, it's nice", I said.

He bit his lips and furrowed his eyebrows while watching his steps. At this point, I'm quite certain he's already frying his brain to start a topic of conversation but can't find any. It really amazes me how the head of a sales team can be lost for words in front of me. It's actually one of the reasons why I started to like him. Looking at him right now, it makes me wonder what happened to us.

"Uhm...", he breathed deeply and glanced at me, catching me grinning stupidly at him.

"What's funny?", he asked while pouting.

"You"

"Me?", he exclaimed in astonishment while pointing at himself. "But why?!" I laughed at his startled expression. Joo Won can really be hilarious without trying to.

"Nothing. I'm just reminded of how you act when we started dating"

He fell silent as we walk, seemingly pondering over something. Then, Joo Won abruptly stopped, gently held my arm and made me face him. "I'm really sorry. I'm sorry for what I did. I'm regretting it until now", he said.

"I told you, you're already forgiven. Let's put the past behind us, Joo Won"

"But Dara, I want y-"

I shrieked in surprise when somebody yanked my strawberry backpack from behind, dragging me back with it. My back collided with someone and when I heard his stern voice, a shiver ran down my spine.

"Mr. Moon, you are needed in the President's office. Now."

Joo Won stared at me for a while and I just nodded at him. He silently left while I'm still in the claws of a furious cyborg.

==

Jiyong slammed the door to his office so hard that I almost jumped in fright. I meekly stood in front of my desk as he strode towards me, his eyebrows mashed together.

"You", Jiyong hissed. "Why didn't you wait for me?! I went to your apartment and you were not there!"

"I-I didn't know that you'll pick me up"

"I told you I get restless when you're not beside me", he sighed exasperatedly and averted his gaze before darting his worried eyes at me again. "And why are you talking to that punk again?!"

"Jiyong..."

"You didn't even send a message that you're here already. You said you'll always let me know where you are"

"But we're untied, Jiyong. We can go to the office separately"

"But you promised", he whined.

GAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! Why must he act so freaking cute and adorable when my mind is already about to explode from confusion?

"Jiyong?", the knocks on the door interrupted us. Min Young walked in with a pile of documents in hand. I immediately ran behind my desk and started booting my laptop, pretending to be busy to avoid Jiyong's probing. I stole a glance at him and gasped when I saw him still glaring dangerously at me. I knew that our discussion is far from over but at least for now, my heart can rest for a while. I'm about to have a mini-heart attack by looking at his eyes. My conversation with CL and Hadana Bom is still messing up my brain and it's proving to be a potential hazard to my life.

"Here are the documents you requested", Min Young said. "But before you go through that, you need to preside the meeting with the producers to finalize the CF storyboard that they will present. Mr. Lee is still talking with Mr. Moon and the producers and director are going to be here in 15 minutes"

"Okay", he replied and turned to me. "You're coming with me"

I immediately stood up and followed him when he started walking towards the door while Min Young went back to her office.

"We're still going to talk later, cheeseball", Jiyong whispered as we were on the way to the conference room.

EEEEEEEEPPPPP!!! I remained silent and kept my gaze forward. I don't know why but being with Jiyong right now makes me want to melt in a puddle of goo. I don't even want to stare directly at his eyes because it's giving me this very weird feeling.

During the meeting, I poured my full concentration in jotting down what they were discussing. I'm also silently cursing myself for sitting at Jiyong's right side like what I automatically do when we were tied. Being in close proximity with him is seriously draining out my energy. What's happening to me?

"Since this is a commercial for a resorts hotel and the target market are those who want to take a vacation, particularly couples, we want to give off a relaxing and romantic vibe in the CF", one of the producers reasoned as they present the storyboard.

"I don't like that scene where the couple are just lying on the bed watching TV", Jiyong said as I drank my juice. "Why don't you replace it with another scene. For example, a scene where the guy is sleeping and the girl stole a kiss from him. Then, the guy woke up and they started whispering to each other"

The juice almost shoots out of my nose and I began coughing for my life. OMG! Why would he suggest something that I did with him?! I stole a glance at Jiyong and was mortified to see him looking at me with amusement while hiding his smile behind the cup of coffee that he's hovering in front of his lips!

Argh! Kwon Jiyong!

"Hmmmm. I guess we can do that, Mr. Kwon"

Damn it. DAMN IT! I'm never going to watch that commercial!

"Oh, and can you also make sure that the girl will call the guy 'hubby'?"

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

_____________________________________________________________

The jursa stood on the bus stop and clasped his hands behind him, observing the people on the street as they come and go.

The clothes that Jiyong lent him felt so foreign. His aching muscles, his sweaty hands, his dry throat...everything. Everything reminds him of one fact - he is now a mortal. A fragile human. An earth-dweller.

Seunghyun swallowed hard and darted his eyes around once again. Despite their mortal shell, the hadana and the jursa still has a duty to fulfill. His eyebrows furrowed as he remembered the candle from the underworld and his ascendant's words.

"Jursa Seunghyun", the hadana's voice entered his ears. He glanced back and saw Bom standing behind him with worried eyes.

"What are you doing here? You shouldn't be roaming around alone"

"Time is slipping rapidly", she said in a tight voice, ignoring his question. "Even if we manage to create a beautiful red string, what will become of it? I heard that you entered the Cave of Woes. Did you find anything that will save Sandara Park's life?"

Seunghyun sighed heavily and averted his gaze. "No. I did not find anything", he replied in a hushed tone.

Bom looked up and stared at the sky. "I'm still not losing hope", she mumbled. "Haven't you noticed that our ascendants kept insisting that we should fulfill our duties?"

"My ascendant told me that I should not concern myself of matters that are beyond me", Seunghyun said. "For now, let's focus on our tasks at hand. Kwon Jiyong is constantly asking about what I told him. The fact that he's asking meant that he's thinking about it"

"Sandara Park is becoming more aware of their current situation", the hadana informed him, her eyes still focused on the sky. "You're keeping something from me, aren't you, jursa?", she suddenly asked, making Seunghyun glance at her.

_____________________________________________________________

Dara suffered from extreme heart palpitations for the entire day. And her suffering is far from over.

When the office hours finished, Jiyong insisted that she ride with him on the motorcycle to get some of her things from his apartment. Throughout the whole ride, she's trying not to combust into flames as their closeness is driving her to the brink of insanity. She doesn't know why but being with Jiyong after they were untied makes her feel like a teenager around her crush.

As soon as they arrived at his place, Dara roamed her eyes around, hoping to see Seunghyun so as not to be alone with Jiyong. His presence is seriously giving her butterflies in her stomach.

"That deity went out this morning. He said he'll roam around the place to familiarize himself", Jiyong said, as if reading her mind.

"Will he be fine?"

"He said they've been observing the human world for centuries"

Dara nodded and went to the bedroom, grabbing her luggage and sitting on the floor as she began stuffing her clothes inside.

"What are you doing?", Jiyong asked while frowning at her. He then sat on the floor and snatched the clothes from her grasp.

"I'm preparing my luggage", Dara reasoned and tried to grab the clothes back but Jiyong won't let go of it.

"Why? You live here. You're just staying at your friend's place but you still live here", he argued and opened her drawer, stuffing everything back inside.

"Jiyong!"

"Just get a few clothes", he started preparing one set of clothes for her including her underwear, making Dara gasp in embarrassment. "Why?", Jiyong asked, bewildered at her reaction while holding her bra on his right hand and her panty on the other.

"Nothing", she answered hurriedly and tried to reach for the undergarments that he's holding, but Jiyong swiftly hid it behind him.

"Oh. I see", he mumbled, the side of his lips tugging in a smirk. "You're embarrassed about this?", he arched his eyebrows and showed her the panty again.

"Jiyong! Will you stop it?", Dara's face is already flaming red as she tried to reach for it, but to no avail.

"What's happening to you? It's not the first time I hold your panties"

"W-What?"

"I mean, we even fold our laundry together, don't we?", he said. "What were you thinking, huh?", his eyes twinkled with amusement while grinning at her, obviously enjoying her flabbergasted face.

Dara huffed furiously and stood up. "You're impossible", she said and strode towards the kitchen to get a glass of water. Her eyebrows are deeply furrowed and her mind is a cluttered mess. Her heart felt like it's about to lurch out of her chest and the butterflies in her stomach has increased exponentially. She wanted to get out of there as fast as she could, and as far away from Jiyong as possible. Just as Hadana Bom predicted, things got interesting. And she is starting to realize some things that she tends to shrug off when they were tied together.

She swallowed hard and shut her eyes firmly while standing on the sink, filling the glass with water and pondering over things. A loud shriek escaped her mouth when Jiyong suddenly held her waist from behind, startling her. She hastily turned around and the water spilled on Jiyong's shirt.

"Omo! I'm sorry", Dara exclaimed.

"Don't worry about it", Jiyong said nonchalantly. When he began taking off his shirt, Dara's breath was caught on her throat. She was not even blinking as she watched Jiyong's every movement - his rippling muscles, his broad chest, his abs...

"Hey", Jiyong tilted his head and stared at her amusingly.

"H-Huh?"

"Are you alright?", he asked and stepped forward, making Dara take a step back. Her back came in contact with the edge of the sink and her heart raced when she lifted her gaze and met his penetrating eyes.

"I'll get you a towel", she hurriedly replied and was about to step away but Jiyong rested his hands on the edge of the sink, trapping her.

"I don't need a towel, cheeseball", he said, his eyes never leaving hers.

"Y-Yes, you do"

"No, I don't", he repeated as his eyes fell on her lips.

"Jiyong...", she doesn't know why her voice sounded like she's begging for something. She placed her hands on his bare chest and tried to push him, but he wouldn't budge.

"You've been avoiding me the entire day", he whispered.

"N-No, I'm not"

A soft whimper escaped Dara's mouth when Jiyong pressed his body against hers, their lower parts inevitably grinding. He leaned down and gave her a soft audible kiss on the lips before slowly drawing back. Dara's heartbeat became erratic as his face still hover near hers. Just their mere closeness with each other makes her skin burn and ache for something.

"Are you in love with me...Dara?"

Writer's Note:

Have you guys seen the Knot This Guy trailer made by Baktinski?! This trailer is so amazing! Thank you so much Baktinski! Watch it! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T1acZRQbLmY