24

CCTO:

Pumunta kami sa gallery 16 sa ground floor ng Sully wing.

Naglalakad kami papunta sa isang malaking statue and I don't know what it is. I looked at Stella and she smiled.

"This is the Venus de Milo."

Discover the Venus de Milo at the Louvre Museum, The Venus de Milo on exhibit at the LouvreEver since it was discovered on the island of Melos in the 19th century, the Venus de Milo has been considered to be one of the world's greatest masterpiece...

Discover the Venus de Milo at the Louvre Museum, The Venus de Milo on exhibit at the LouvreEver since it was discovered on the island of Melos in the 19th century, the Venus de Milo has been considered to be one of the world's greatest masterpieces of sculpture. The mystery surrounding it, the typical techniques of the Hellenistic Age, the beauty of its shape and curves... Louvre Museum in Paris can boast that it owns one of the most beautiful sculptures in the world. Each year the Venus de Milo draws tens of thousands of visitors who come to admire the legendary work up close in one of the most prestigious museums on the planet.

The Venus de Milo arrived at the Louvre in 1821, one year after being unearthed. The manager of the workshop at the time suggested a full restoration to put back all the statue's parts. He wanted not just to add on a missing foot and her nose, but the arms as well. After a long debate, the decision was made not to restore the goddess's missing arms at the risk of getting their placement wrong.

After a six-month restoration project, the Venus de Milo returned to its spot at the Louvre in July 2010, surrounded by other objects found at the same time. It was an eagerly awaited homecoming for art lovers around the world.

I listened to Stella and was amazed because she all know it."How did you know this?" I asked.

"Secret!" She said and I just rolled my eyes and took a picture of the statue.

And here are the Top 20 masterpieces and paintings : the best of Louvre artwork.....Stella said though.

1. The Raft of the Medusa

Oil painting, 16 ft 1 in x 23 ft 6 in (H x W)

Painted by Théodore Géricault in the 19th century (1818-1819), the Raft of the Medusa is not always recommended for those of a sensitive disposition because it is so realistic. It depicts the survivors (and the casualties) of the Medusa shipwreck calling for help when they see in the distance the outline of another ship that could save them.