32

BABY

My nerves are highly strung, I regret even trying to have a conversation with Rich

My nerves are highly strung, I regret even trying to have a conversation with Rich. I asked one of the attendants to call Rich so that I could have a word but I was informed that he's already left to another location. I sigh deeply as to why did I have an outburst like that, I have really been acting crazy lately and on top of that tired most of the time but who wouldn't act crazy if you were to be put in this situation?

I finished the dinner prepped for me, another of Charles doing, I was told that I have to consume whatever is on the plate regardless If I like it or not.

The whole team that's been working on polishing me all afternoon seems to have gotten used to my gloomy mood.

It's either that or they are used to fixing Charles's acquired women all these years.

The hell was I thinking I was special. Whenever we go out to events, I see women fight desperately for his attention but that didn't bother me until that conversation with Rich.

He's a very good looking man, his eyes were one of the most beautiful feature you could ever find in any man. That alone can get any women just by a simple gaze. He could have anyone, Rich is right I am a weak believer whatever that means.

I look at the diamond pendant in the mirror, hoping Rich didn't mention our little discussion to Charles. He succeeded in making me feel little.

I've seen a large number of influential individuals are interested in meeting with Charles to get to know him.

Men and specially Women.

Who wouldn't want to be a part of something like this? Some of the folks in our immediate vicinity refer to him as a "king," and I am in no way qualified and capable as his queen, it gives me shiver to even think about this. These are not formal titles, but rather descriptors that people uses to convey his authority.

I waited here, waiting for Charles to enter the room and tell me what to do. He prefers that I wait for him to come and fetch me. Again, this whole control issue where he prefers certain things to be done his way comes into play.

My name is called out by Charles as he comes into the room and I recognize it as my own snapping me from the anxiety of waiting. I turned to say hello to him. I flashed the ring he'd given me in return. He looks pleased as I did so hoping Rich didn't say anything to him.

Did you have a good time shopping today?" The question was posed in reference to the meeting with the jewelry designer. He kisses my knuckles as he puts my left hand in his, which is adorned with the massive diamond ring.

"It was fun. Thank you very much." After lying and kissing him on the cheeks, I made sure my grin was broad enough to cover up another lie that I had told him.

Only a laugh could be heard from Charles. He was well aware that I was deceiving him, but what worries me is that he has been so lenient, never putting his hands on me.