3

'Thoughts.'
-----------------------
Percy knew that the gods were laughing at him from Olympus. He really didn't expect to be doomed, but here he was listening to Chiron announce an archery competition. "You have a month to prepare and a week to sign up. May the best archers win." Chiron quickly dismissed everyone and excited chatter rose from many demigods. Percy gulped and was about to leave but was stopped by Chiron. "I'm sorry Percy, but you have to participate. Some of the Olympians are interested in seeing you use a bow. It doesn't help that the big three have made bets that their child is better at archery than the other. Now go on and train." Percy's face quickly paled, and he mindlessly walked to the beach.

He quickly let himself fall into the sea and let out a frustrated scream. The fishes that circled him quickly swam away, frantically. Percy let out a sigh and let himself be carried back to the shore. Up in Olympus, Aphrodite excitedly clapped her hands. Step 1 of her plan was set. She quickly snapped her fingers and appeared in her brother's chariot. Apollo let out a manly scream, and his eyes slowly widened. 'I am doomed.' "Hey, Apollo. Nice to see you here," Aphrodite said and gave her brother a smirk. "Now before you interrupt me, some of our siblings have arranged an archery competition at Camp Half Blood." Apollo raised an eyebrow. "My children will win that competition."

Aphrodite shook her head, "I said don't interrupt me. Now our uncles, being their competitive selves, made some bets on their children and,of course, our siblings made bets as well. So the big three demigod trio will have to compete in the competition," Aphrodite stayed silent for a moment and continued, "Chiron has asked help of a god to help train the demigods, especially Nico, Thalia, and Percy. We all know Thalia is in the hunt, so she has a big shot at winning. Nico and Percy are great at sword fighting and using their powers, but they have never been close to a bow. I want Percy to win. I really do, so I have come to ask a favor of you. While you go to Camp Half Blood to train the demigods participating in the match, will you help Percy?"She let her question settle in, and Apollo kept quiet.

"Why are you asking me this?" Apollo asked. He had his suspicion but kept quiet. He wanted to know what Aphrodite had to say. "Poseidon hasn't been this proud of a son he sired. He really cares and loves Percy. I want him to win, so Poseidon can applaud him. Well, that's one of the reasons why I want him to win. I put my bet on Percy, so I need him to win." She set the hook, and now she had to wait for the catch. Silence enveloped the two gods, both of them going over their own scheme. After a few minutes, Apollo let out a sigh. "I'll miss driving my chariot," and with that he snapped his fingers and disappeared. Aphrodite gave herself a pat on the back and left the self-driving chariot.

Percy had his eyes closed and felt relaxed. He was on the shore of the sea and no one had bothered him. He let out a deep breath, and a smile appeared on his face. 'This is a nice break. He felt someone appear on his right, and he slowly opened his eyes. He gave the person a lazy grin. "Nice to see you, Nico. I bet you heard about the competition," he said with a blinding grin. Nico gave him a small but noticeable smile, "I'm not excited about it." Nico extended his hand to Percy, and he gladly accepted it. Once he was on his feet, he let go of the Son of Hades' hand, not noticing the grip Nico had on his hand. "Trust me when I say, that I'm not excited about it either."