CHAPTER 8

JENNIE'S POV

I woke up in a place with mostly yellow pastel and orange colors—that's when I knew that I wasn't in my room. I sat on a huge bed, there was a human size teddy bear in the corner and pictures of cats taken from a polaroid camera hanging on the walls. There was even a cabinet full of different types of camera!

Wow. That really looks expensive!

"What's this?" I reached for the bottle placed on the bedside table.

"A hangover drink?—OH MY GOSH! What did I do this time?! I know I get to do crazy things every time I get a taste of alcohol."

I felt a sudden thirst upon that thought and so I emptied the drink in a minute, that's when memories from last night clouded my mind.

"I must be out of my mind! How am I supposed to face Lisa now?! Okay okay. Calm down Jennie. You must act cool. Act as if nothing happened. Yes. That's it"

I got up and found myself going down the stairs. The place feels so empty.

Where are the people here?

I turned right when I heard some banging of utensils and a groan from a frustrated cook. And there I saw Lisa with a messy bun. She was just wearing a plain white shirt which she tucked into her high waisted denim jeans but looking at her from a distance makes me feel like I was watching a live cooking show with a chef whose beauty is literally jaw dropping.

"Urgh! It got burnt again! I give up!" Lisa uttered while placing her burnt toast on the plate.

"I thought you were making breakfast but you were just making a mess" I said casually. She looked at me, surprised.

"You were a mess too, last night" she smirked while looking at me guilifuly.

"Don't you ever mention that again" she laughed at me, amusingly.

"Take a shower and grab some clothes from  my closet. We're going out for breakfast"

"Don't you have a cook?"

"We have. I sent him off  together with our other maids because I thought their presence would make you feel uncomfortable and as for my parents, they're on a business trip abroad"

"How thoughtful but there's no need to do that next time" I winked at her before I deserted the kitchen to refreshen myself from this reek of alcohol.

LISA'S POV

It's been a month since I become Jennie's manager. Unexpectedly, I am loving this job more because I can be with Jennie all the time. Dad told me that he will move me to a higher position but I said that I would like to stay like this for a month more. I know I already fell for Jennie's charms in such a short span of time. It may sound peculiar to other people but that's the magic of love. It has the power to make two persons feel like they knew almost everything about each other in a short moment of time. I think Jennie feels the same way too but I'm still not sure about it since we haven't confessed to each other about our feelings yet. We just go with the flow, we sometimes talk intimately but most of the times, we bicker with each other. There are times that we show how much we care and worry about each other. The only thing that is left is to have a clear conversation about us but nobody dares to open up, neither her or I don't talk about what we have.

"What? Our old school was intentionally burnt down?!" Jennie hissed. She was talking with someone on the phone. She didn't even feel my presence. After the call, she sat down with a disappointed face . I guess she failed to trace who might be on the yearbook after all those efforts.