Chapter 2

"How are you feeling, Myra?" Victor asked in a gentle tone and took a seat right beside on her hospital bed.

"When can I see?" She asked her own question completely ignoring his.

"In some few moments. I just want you to be fully ready and prepared for this." He cleared his throat before standing up.

"D-don't go, please." She whimpered.

"I am right here." He assured her.

The doctor's team entered inside and they started removing bandages from her eyes.

Myra could feel beads of sweats running down her neck. Her heart was thumping loudly in her chest. A part of her wasn't ready to face this world. She was scared and anxious. But thankfully Victor's soothing and warming presence helped, ceasing some of her panic.

"Ok Myra! I need you to stay relax. Don't open your eyes immediately when the bandages will be off. Take it slow and easy." The doctor instructed her.

When they were done, the Doctor told her to open her eyes but Myra refused.

"Vic! I want to see you first." She said.

She felt him moving closer when he crouched down on the bed and held her small hands in his. Relief flooded in her veins and she sighed before slowly lifting her eyelids open.

The blinds of the room was already shut. She blinked a several times before fully opening her eyes.

A smile made its way on her lips when she stared in Victor's gentle filled eyes. He tilted his lips up slightly into a tiny smile.

*************

"Where are we going?" Myra asked when Victor placed her in the car and secured her seatbelt. He sat beside her and handed her a small blanket.

"Home!" He replied, curtly nodding at the driver in front.

"Home?" She whispered, leaning her head against the window.

"Who is home?" She asked.

"Family!" He replied.

"B-but you said, you are my family." She butted in.

"That means more family?" She wondered out loud in the mid of a big yawn.

"Yes. Sleep Myra! Stop asking questions and stress your pretty little brain." He said, pulling her back towards him. He laid her head down on his lap and tucked her safely in the warm blanket.

"Night Vic!" She mumbled sleepily.

Myra woke up by feeling her shoulder being shake gently. She lifted her heavy lids open and looked at Victor's face.

"We are home! Come." He commanded, helping her out of the car.

He gave her his finger to hold and then they made their way inside the enormous mansion. She swallowed at the sight of unimaginably type of buff and scary men guarding the mansion with guns in their hands.

"Who are these big Uncles?" Myra asked a little scared when they nodded at Victor respectfully and gave a half glance in Myra's direction.

"They provide us safety." Victor answered shortly and went up the front door. The guards opened it for them to enter.

As soon as he stepped inside, someone called his name loudly.

"Victor! My son!" Tristan took fast steps towards him and pulled him into a strong hug. Myra seemed like long forgotten, tried to make a distance from them but it didn't happened when Victor suddenly wrapped his hand around her forearm.

They pulled back and Victor dragged her effortlessly and gently in front.

Tristan's eyebrows raised up in surprise. He looked at the small yet beautiful girl who looked no older than 5, dressed in a cute green small dress with her hair tied in messy pigtails by Victor himself. But what surprised Victor's father most was the way Victor was holding her almost gently.

Something about the girl was familiar, too much familiar that he couldn't pinpoint. Who was she?

"Oh dear big brother, you finally decided to grace us all with your presence and 'that thing' hiding behind you?" Max's, Victor's younger brother voice reached their eyes. He was coming downstairs with a knowing smirk crossed on his lips.

"She is not 'that thing', Max! She is our sister!" Victor stated.

"WHAT THE FUCK OUR SISTER? EWW NO!" The three similar voices yelled and the triplet brothers of Victor and Max came storming downstairs with anger visible on their faces.

Myra cowered behind Victor and clutched his leg tightly in fear, like her life was dependent on it.

Tristan smiled at her warmly easing her nerves a little but it all vanished when her eyes made contact with Max who stared at her face with a distaste and unimpressive look evident on his features. Triplets kept sending death glares in her direction.

This was gonna be a long night!

I am well aware that I misplace some words and there are many grammatical errors.. But this book is a first draft for a reason lol...