Chapter twelve

Myra could only clench her eyes shut in fear. Her body was vibrating in the rhythm as the bullets after bullets were shot. Screams, yells and agonizing shrills made her head hurt.

Suddenly there was silence. A deafening silence. Footsteps reached her ears. A hand moved forward to untie her wrist. She hesitanly opened her eyes. Her eyes widened and a gasp slipped past her lips as they made contact with his eyes.

Max?

She almost didn't recognized him. He looked change, scary. He had tattoos covering his skin here and there. The way he was towering over her made her shrink down into her seat. He held his hand in front of her. Wordlessly, she grabbed his rough hand. Her balance stumbled but he let her leaned on him. He took her out of the basement. Myra could feel her legs shaking with every step she took.

He led her towards his car and opened the door for her. She immediately slid in, warmth of heat there hit her body completely making her sigh in bliss. He unbuttoned his blazer and dropped it on her body.

She croaked out a small thanks and snuggled into the warm material. Myra watched him with the corner of her eye. He was smoking a cigar. Myra nervously gripped her seatbelt as he increased the speed. Her surroundings just blurred with the way he was driving fastly. Eventually she got used to it but still there was fear instilled in her heart.

"I-is papa ok?" She asked lowly. Max only let out a hmm in response.

It took them an complete hour to reach home back. Victor was standing at the front door, looking impatient. A visible relief filled in his eyes as the car finally stopped in front of him.

Myra didn't needed to be told once, she hurriedly opened the door and slid out. Immediately, she was scooped in Victor's warmth radiating arms.

Myra let few more tears roll down her cheeks as she hugged her brother tightly. She looked up at him. Looking at her teary eyes, his eyes softened.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Now I am ok." She mumbled lowly while snuggling closer to his chest. Victor patted her head and led her inside.

"Dad is sleeping right now. You can meet him tomorrow morning but now you need rest. Go take a bath, I will bring something to eat." He said. Myra only nodded her head.

"Victor!" A familiar voice reached Myra's ears. She looked back at the male who was standing in front of them. For some reason, it felt like she knew him.

"Dominic!" The name sounded familiar to her ears. It took her a little while to recognize him. Dominic was their uncle. Myra couldn't memorize much. Her memories were blurred.

"How are you feeling, Myra? I heard what happened." He looked sympathetic. There was something in his eyes, something familiar. She didn't responded. She couldn't. She just stared at him. She felt a weird pull in her heart. Myra snapped out from her daze when Victor squeezed her hand gently while looking down at her in confusion.

"I-I feel fine, u-uncle." She stuttered.

"Myra is tired. Excuse us, Dominic." Victor said. With his hand in Myra's hand, he started to take her upstairs.

*****************

Myra quickly got dressed in the next morning. She ushered into her father's room but was surprised to find him nowhere. On her way out, she bumped into Arles.

"Arles! Do you know where papa is?" She asked impatiently.

"In the kitchen." He told her not bothering to look up from his phone.

"Ok thank you." With that, she ran downstairs.

"Papa!" Myra yelled. Dominic froze and slowly turned his head towards the entrance.

"Sweetheart." Tristan smiled and went towards her. He pulled her into a warm hug. Myra hugged him back tightly while accidentally squeezing his wound. But Tristan didn't bothered to react. He kissed Myra's forehead.

Dominic couldn't keep his eyes away from this scene. He felt something strange in his heart. It was weird and difficult to explain.

Myra suddenly looked in Dominic's direction and smiled. Dominic faintly smiled back.