Poseidon x Goddess Reader ♥︎

Genre: angst

Scenario: y/n worrying

Goddess reader

Title: until the end

This actually hurt me, I cut it short since it felt heartbreaking to me. Hope you enjoy it.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Poseidon sat down in a room, watching the fight with Adam and Zeus. He was up next, he wanted to get over with this ragnarok thing and go home.

Y/n on the other hand was worrying over Poseidon, she was sitting beside poseidon, shaking like a leaf. These humans evolved, they weren't as dumb as they thought.

"Stop worrying over me y/n." Poseidon spoke, he was irritated.

"But, you're up next! I can't help it." She nervously said, fiddling with her fingers as she spoke. Poseidon seemed to have noticed it, he held her hands hoping to ease her worry.

"It's going to be okay, I promise that I will come back to you." He softly said, he pulled her into a hug and held her. Soon enough, it was poseidons turn.

Y/n kissed him and held his hand, "please come back to me, poseidon." She muttered, poseidon gave her one last hug before walking into the arena.

Y/n quickly flew up to where hermes was to watch the fight, she sat down in her chair beside Loki. She fiddled with her sleeve as she watched the match, she had never been so nervous like this. Loki watched the goddess looking at the match with worry, he was pretty confident that poseidon will win.

"You must really love him, don't you?" Loki said to y/n, she turned to Loki terrified expression. "I do, but I'm worried." She admitted to Loki, y/n was scared of losing him. Loki didn't understand the idea of love, he couldn't understand what she was feeling.

She loved poseidon with everything she had, he may be cold towards everyone but not her. She meant everything to him, that's what he's living for. He loved y/n and he promised to come back to her. Then, it happened

It felt like time froze, y/n watched as kojiro cut poseidons arm off. Her eyes widened, the other gods stared in shock. A human managed to cut of poseidon's arm. Y/n stood up on the chair, tears were building up as the fight continued. Everything stopped as kojiro finished poseidon off, everyone went silent. The human side cheered in victory, they had finally took down a god.

Y/n flew down into the arena, kojiro kept his guard up when she landed behind poseidon. Tears flowed down her face as she held poseidon close, she couldn't find the words to speak.

"Please don't leave me..." she sobbed.
. It was over, everything she loved was gone. "I'm guessing you're that gods lover, am I correct?" Kojiro asked but y/n said utter a single word. She grabbed poseidons trident and held it with a tight grip.

"I, promised you that I will follow you until the end... I will fulfill that promise to you." She softly spoke, kojiro knew what she was going to do. "Wait! Don't do it!" He ran at her.

But...it was too late. His trident went through her, the gods were frozen. They watched as she held poseidon with a smile, slowly they turned to crystal. Kojiro watched at they shattered in crystals, he could've save her but he was fighting for humanity. Loki stared at the spot where y/n and Poseidon were, she had gone and actually accepted her death with poseidon.

"We just lost a powerful god and goddess...over to humans." Hermes sighed, he really looked forward to seeing the couple having a family and such more. Him and loki treated y/n like a little sister, seeing her die with poseidon was unexpected.

While poseidon was falling, his last thought was y/n. He'll never forget the day he met her, he didn't want to die by the hands of a human.

"Forgive me, y/n."