Hermes x Male reader pt.2

Genre: angst

SMR

Title:          "Suffer."

Scenario: Hermes looking back on his and m/n past :)

Had to think really hard for this one! I kept pausing and even played music to get the right feeling 😂

::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  :

"I think I can love you."

M/n, you are filled with surprises.

How stupid of me.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

"Hermes, do you think I should cut my hair? It's getting quite long." M/n asked as he stared at himself in the mirror.

"Does my opinion matter?" In all honesty, you look better either way.

M/n...no matter how many times I push you away, you always seem to want to get closer.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hermes...you must love gossiping!" M/n snickers as he crossed his arms. I only smiled. "We gods do nothing but with a little entertainment will satisfy me."

"But what if it goes out of hand?" M/n asked. I turned the side and saw Zeus waving his hand, "I always let Zeus know before I spread the word, that will save me a lot of trouble of getting a beating by others." I lightly smiled.

"True, but why do you lie a lot?"

I don't know.

I want to love you, but I don't know-how.

I'm scared.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hermes, why do hades hate me?" M/n asked. He was sitting in front of the mirror doing his hair up, but a smile on his face. "You're the only God of life and death. You give life and you take it as you please." I walked over to him and stood behind him.

"So what? Giving life and watching them grow is beautiful, but all things must come to an end. Living for thousands of years will only bring one of these 2 things,"

"Good things will happen in your life or you will suffer."

I didn't understand it at the time but now I do.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hermes...what I just suddenly died one day?" M/n laughed. Why were you laughing? What is so funny about dying?

"Then that's it." That was all I could say

His smile didn't seem to have dropped, he only smiled more. "Don't miss me too much if I just happen to disappear or die!" He grinned. Why are you always smiling? Why are you always laughing? Even if someone was insulating you, you would only smile and ignore it. Any god would have erased that other god from existence, but you chose to do that.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I remember when I first met you. You were in your garden looked down into a lake and watched the humans live their life. You had a huge smile on your face as if you didn't care what was happening around you.

"It has been a very long time since I have seen you, m/n!" Zeus waved his hand as he ran over to you. You turned around with a happy smile, but it changed when you saw me. That look in your eyes seemed to have shined more.

You stood up and talked with Zeus, then you turned to me.

Your eyes seemed to have only gone...

.

.

.

.

Dull.

Pain is what changed you.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

M/n was never the type to argue or fight. He would always be positive no matter what. Because of that, other gods would try to manipulate him, but nothing worked. He could see right through you.

A puppet is what you are to other people.

They will use you and don't care if anything happened to you, as long as they get what they want.

I know you could see it.

I know you feel the pain of what people say to you.

I know that you don't always smile...

You only stop smiling when you're alone, where no one with judge you. Pain and suffering were all you were given in this thing we call living.

I haven't seen you angry, stressed, anxious or seen your cry.

But I know you do those things when no one is around.

Life and death are chaos for you. Everywhere you go, you will cause chaos, that is why you always keep that positive attitude, just so you can prevent most things that happen to you.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I watched as that human finish you off.

That filthy human had his arm through your body...as if you let him.

And you still smiled.

Why?

Why?

Why

WHY?!

Why did you let some human kill you! I don't understand why you let him beat you like that!

You are the best when it came to fighting, so did you let some human beat you!

...everything hurts. Everything around me seemed to have gone blurry. My chest hurts.

Please come back...please.

I promise I will love you no matter what. There will be no mistakes. I can make it better. I can make you happy. I can make everything all better again...

....Just come back to me.

×  ×  ×  ×  ×  ×  ×  ×  ×  ×  ×  ×  ×  ×  ×  ×

M/n's pov◇

Thank you Loki.

I know you're probably mad at me and I'm sorry...

But you saved me from the pain of living. I know Hermes wouldn't love  me until the moment I leave this world, falling in love is painful, I knew I couldn't do anything because...

I have to let it all unravel.

Risking my life for these humans are worth it, I have seen how they lived and how to survive.

I'm sorry Hermes...

But its your turn to suffer.