Chapter 2 - Canary's POV

Canary's POV

I've been scrolling through Instagram out of boredom for what feels like forever. It's 11 pm and I have no new dms, as usual, but the lonely part of me wishes I did. That's when I come across this really cool person named Viper's account and decide to request them, secretly hoping it'd lead to a new friendship. I think it's kinda funny how both our names are related to animals. Not long after the request, I got a notification that I was accepted and even got a dm from Viper! Thinking about it makes me ecstatic but also nervous.

DM'S:

Viper: Hey

Just that one word is enough to make me smile from ear to ear. I quickly reply back with a greeting of my own, hoping we'd hit it off and become great friends, and scared that they wouldn't like me.

Time passes with no reply so I put my phone down and decide to try and calm my nerves by painting. My mom is somewhere in the house, but she doesn't have much to do with me anymore. It makes me feel lonely and like I'm the only one here most days, which is why I've taken to painting. It helps keeps my mind away or focused when I need it to be.

~Time Skip~

After several hours of painting I sigh and look around my room, it's empty for someone who considers themselves an artist, but I've never been someone who had the time.or freedom to decorate their room as they pleased. It's a lonesome room, one that makes me feel as if I'm not at home, but it'll make do for now I suppose.

I start to feel hungry and decide to go get some cereal or some quick meal from the kitchen. As I'm making my food, I see my phone light up on the counter with a notification. I hurriedly grab my phone and check it. It's a DM from Viper!

We quickly start texting back and forth after that, talking about our gender identities, our sexualities, our home life's, and just everything we can think of to talk about. I'm really happy to have a friend now, especially one who I have so much in common with. I feel like Viper really understands me and the things I've been dealing with, and they make me feel okay despite it all. I'm really happy to have someone to talk to while I'm stuck in this empty house, probably happier than I've been in a while. I check the latest dm from Viper.

DM'S:

Viper: LOOK AT THIS

Canary: OH MY GOD THAT'S SO CUTE ! DO YOU PLAY MINECRAFT???Viper: YESSS I LOVE IT SMCanary: WE HAVE TO PLAY TOGETHER SOMETIME ❗❗Viper: OMG YES WE DOOO

Viper: YESSS I LOVE IT SM
Canary: WE HAVE TO PLAY TOGETHER SOMETIME ❗❗
Viper: OMG YES WE DOOO

We quickly make plans to play together sometime that week, both excited to make a cute little world together. I set my phone down afterwards and finish eating my food, knowing my friendship with Viper had only just begun.