Chapter 3- Viper's POV

Viper's POV

I slowly wake up and check my phone and see 7 new messages from Canary, which made me smile. Talking to Canary truly makes me happy even though I've only known him 2 days. As I sat up, rub my eyes, and stretch, Pablo enters my room and sits on my bed.
"Hey Viper, Sally and I are going to a party later tonight if you wanna come" he says
"Um, I'll think about it" I reply. I wanted to go, get out of the house for a change but at the same time I enjoy being by myself and making jewelry or playing video games. Plus, if Canary texts while I'm gone I won't be able to talk to him. I should probably just talk to him, I don't know what I'm so worried about.
Pablo left to go to his court ordered job and I do my makeup and text back Canary.

DM's:
Canary: VIPER
VIPER
ARE U AWAKE
VIPERRRRR
WAKE UP
WAKE UP
WAKE UPPPP
Viper: HI IM SORRY I WAS ASLEEP R U OKAY??
Canary: YES HI. I just wanted to show you what I made in our realm:)
*5 videos*

I watch the videos and smile. It's cute that somebody actually cares about my interests. I reply and tell him it looks great and that I have to get ready for work. I change into my uniform shirt and a pair of black ripped jeans. I call a taxi since I can't afford a car and head to work. I get there and see the line is all the way down the block.
"Why the fuck is a dispensary so damn popular at 10am??" I think
I walk into the building and ask my boss about what's going on.
"Viper, we're closing. This is the last week we're open and everything is 60%" Sam, my boss says
"What the fuck? You couldn't have told me sooner" I angrily say, and it just turns into an argument
"I'm sorry, we didn't know until 2 days ago."
"I was here 2 days ago, you could've told me then. Does anyone else know?"
"No you're the only employee that knows we're closing, I haven't told Hilary or Max yet."
"Now that's just being a shitty boss."
I walk away from him and go into the back room. Since we're closing anyways it isn't gonna hurt to steal a couple joints and edibles. I check my phone and connect to the wifi so I can text Canary about what's happening. He helps me calm down so I'm not as angry and tells me it'll be okay. That's such a nice thing to hear, I haven't heard anyone tell me it would be okay in forever. I put my phone away and quickly eat an edible, I can't deal with Sam today at all. I walk over to the counter and do my job.

~Time Skip~

I get home and Pablo asks again if I wanted to go to the party. Hilary from work told me she was also going. I told Pablo I'd go to make him happy. Plus, Canary said it'd be good for me to socialize with people asides from him and Pablo.

~Time Skip~

Pablo, Sally, Moth, Hilary & I arrive at the party and right away someone offers us molly. I asked him if it was free and he said yeah so I declined. Pablo said if I wanted molly to just ask him, since he used to be one of my regions biggest drug dealers. I said I was fine but I'd let him know.
We walk over to the table full of alcoholic drinks. I didn't wanna get too fucked up, but I didn't wanna be too anxious so I just had some fireball and coca cola. I was anxious since I haven't checked my phone in a while and was worried about Canary.

DM's
Viper: hi
Canary: Hi, r u okay??
Viper: im fine but im at that party and theres so many fucking people, my ex is here too which isnt fun :/
Canary: Oh no:( Just avoid them if you can, I'm here if you need❤️ Go have some fun, I'm here later when you get home
Viper: okie thank u <333

I walk around to find Pablo and see him with Moth.
"Hey" I say
"Hi Viper!! I haven't seen you in weeks, how are you? Mom misses you!" Moth says excitedly
Moth is my younger sister, she turned 17 a few weeks ago. I moved out of my parents house months ago because I couldn't deal with them anymore, I don't know how Moth still deals with them.
"I'm okay, just tired and the dispensary closed, so now I'm out of a job" I sigh
"What? The dispensary closed? Why??" Pablo asked
"I'm not even sure, Sam was blunt about it and I'm the only one he's told." I reply
"That's just bullshit. I'm sorry Vipes" Moth hugs me
"Hey, you know Amber is here right? Are you doing okay with that?" Pablo asks
"Oh, I haven't seen her yet which is good. As long as I don't I'll be fine!" I smile

~Time Skip~

The time reaches 4am and the party is still going on. I haven't seen Amber all night thankfully and I've just been hanging out with Pablo and Moth. I kind of want to go home, I'm pretty bored at this point and everybody around us is just drunk and annoying. I ask Pablo if we can head out and he agrees. We decide to drive Moth to our house and let her crash. As soon as I get to my room I check my phone to text Canary

DM's
Viper: hey im home i have a q
Canary: Yes?
Viper: do u think we can sleep on the phone tonight? i know its late but i'd feel more comfortable
Canary: Sure:)

So, Canary & I called and talked for a couple hours before I slowly drifted off to sleep. Being able to fall asleep with someone on the phone to talk to is just really comforting and helps a lot. Meeting Canary was one of the best things to happen to me, and I really mean that. I needed a good friend like this and I honestly think I got it for real this time.