Chapter eight : where it all fell apart .

Once jack and pitch arrived to pitch's lair , pitch was exhausted, but he decided that he should get on with it so he gave jack a  quick tour around his lair.
Pitch's lair looked like a huge, apartment on the last floor of a building, the only thing that isn't casual about it are the colours.
Everything was shaded with different degrees of black , grey and occasionally some dark brown.

First it was the living room which had three black sofas , the kind that would fit for two people, one was in the center and the other two were on both sides.
There was a fireplace across the room , ( jack made a mental note to stay away from it ) it was accurately centered nineteen meters away from the sofa in the middle . In front of it was a wooden armchair with a small coffee table next to it .
There were bookshelves on both sides of the fireplace, filled with various kinds of books.
" wow ( whistling) , who thought that you could read !!" Jack commented .
" ow shut up " pitch demand.
Jack laughed .

Then the kitchen, which was a basic one , a few cabinets and drawers that were lined with different shades of grey, a sink , stove, oven and a tall bench with three chairs in front of it .
After going out of the kitchen, there was a door next to it , that was the first bathroom.

They walked along a corridor that connected the living room with the bedrooms, there was two paintings hanging on it's wall , one was a beautiful woman with black hair, and violet eyes, she was wearing a long , purple gown that matched her eyes.
The other was a little girl that had grey eyes and purple hair, she was wearing a pink short dress with floral printings on it .
" who are they ?" Jack heard himself ask .
" my wife shade , and our daughter umbra " pitch said in a mere whisper .
" how come none of the guardians or the spirits mentioned them before? !! " jack wondered.
" because they killed them " pitch stated darkly.
" what ?? " jack flinched at the anger in pitch's eyes.
" it happened long time ago, I don't want to talk about it " pitch said looking down.
" please pitch, I want to know , you need to open up to someone and right now I'm the only person here , please " jack pleaded .

" it was 50 years after I was created, at that time I wasn't stealing dreams, I feed on normal fear , I was minding my own business, then I met shade and we got married and had umbra , it was going well, I wasn't alone ... " pitch paused .
" then one night we were all sleeping, when suddenly a few spirits showed up, they were the previous guardians and the Mother Nature , they thought that I was going to turn evil on them, no to be accurate they thought that I was evil since the moment I was created so they had to kill me .
I hid my wife and kid and I fought the guardians, while trying to make them understand, but in the end they already made up their minds , so I fought them with out holding back , for they were blinded by hatred. I managed to hold them back and told my wife to run to here place , but once she and umbra got out from their hiding place , Mother Nature killed them. And so I killed her and all the guardians, and became the boogeyman to make sure that everyone suffered"
Pitch ended .

" I see " was what jack Said.
" if you want to Leave now that you know the truth, you better go"
Said pitch blankly.
Jack didn't say a thing, pitch thought that he was leaving. Instead he hugged pitch out of the blue .

Pitch was shocked , he was hyperventilating by the swirl of emotion he was experiencing at a single moment : pain of loss , grief, anger , guilt and surprise. He took a minute to gather himself back together.
" let go already " pitch said as he patted jack's head .
Jack didn't need to be told twice, he let go slowly, looking at the ground as he blushed.
" well you are surely not going anywhere " pitch teased .
" I was trying to make him feel better while in return he mocks me " jack muttered.
" jerk " jack whispered.
" hey language " pitch warned .
" someone is being cranky maybe it's time that we retire to bed " he continued.
" I don't need to sleep, you do " said jack.
Pitch just ignored him .