Chapter 3

Lucy's p

Lucy's p.o.v

Ace and I had decided to take a few days off after our final exams for school. It was the first time we had a break in these two weeks in May. Seniors were cut slack and let off earlier from school so I had already started to feel free.

The weather was already getting sunnier and hotter and people were walking around in short sleeves.

I had plans to take Francy out today but I was shut down by a giant no can't do.

Instead Ace suggested we go to Kai's baseball team bonding party.

" They're having barbecue today and doing their team bonding party. They do this at the end of every year. We're invited."

So there we were, walking past the garden, circling the house carrying a heavy-ass cooler to pop up straight to the backyard.

"Here." Kai spotted us and yelled out.

Some of Kai's friends were in the pool including Fin, others were wrestling and some were just discussing school.

"We bring ice." Ace and I dropped the heavy cooler on the ground and could finally breathe.

Kai grabbed us some drinks.

There were people from each year but most of them were third years. Ace recognized two guys from his year and brought them over.

"You're Lucy? The hacker?" They asked warily.

I sized them up. Did they wanna pick a fight?

"Damn." One of them exhaled and then smiled. "We got Lucy at our party!" He turned around and yelled. "We got Lucy the hacker at our party."

"Wooooo." They raised their beer cans.

Ace waved his arms. "So? When do the games begin?"

"What games?" I asked. No one said anything about a game.

***

I'm going to kill Ace.

"Eight..."

I lifted my chin over the bar. Come on....I pulled back down.

"Nine." AGAIN..

One of the guys dropped on the ground, I could see on the corner of my eye.. It was just two of us now. My hair was dripping sweat all over my face making it hard to see.

"Ten."

My arms were not helping me out at this last pull-up. Unable to hold on anymore I let go.

Shit.

The other guy won.

I was dripping in sweat everywhere. My shirt was stuck to me and my hair stuck to my forehead. I leaned over my legs taking a deep breath in and then swung back upright. I slicked my hair back up to see.

Ugh, my arms were fucking sore.

"No hard feelings. We do this every day at practice." The guy shook my hand.

"Yeah." I smiled. At least that made me feel better about losing.

"Let's see who does better hold." One of the youngest guys approached me.

Okay.. I think I can handle that. I took off my shirt and wiped the sweat off my body and hands.

"Let's do this."

***

After some time I looked for Ace. He was doing sit-ups amongst Kai Fin and few others.

They were all dying as well. Ooo, there goes Fin. He just continued lying there on the ground.

I walked over enjoying their suffering. Ace and Kai were holding up pretty well.

Eventually Ace dropped down as well.

Kai won that round.

Ace cursed and growled getting up. "This is only cause I'm out of shape working too much."

"I don't think you could ever do that many sit-ups," I told him.

"Hey, losers shouldn't talk that big." He laughed.

"Hey." I put an arm around his neck wrestling him. He fought back and we somehow stumbled further away.

Next thing I knew Ace slipped and we both fell into the pool.

The cold water engulfed us both. I brought my head out for air and Ace popped up next to me taking a deep breath rubbing the water off his face.

"You guys okay?" Fin asked.

I suddenly burst laughing. Ace was laughing too.

Kai walked over to the edge of the pool. "The first one out of the pool gets the last can of beer."

Ace and I looked at each other and then both reached the edge of the pool. I could hear him splash next to me.

Oh it was game on.

 Next chapter coming on Monday. Until then my besties