(II) Manhunt

hello i am very unmotivated to write but i'm going to anyways 😟🤞

oh also this is a remaster of the older chapter on my deleted fanfic

enjoy or perish 🤬🤬🤬

TW: knife kink lmaoo

——————————————-

The brunette began to slow his gait, the crunching of the dirt slowing down and the eerie ambience of the silent forest growing. Twirling his head around to look in all visible directions, he'd come to the disturbing realization that he had lost track of how far he was running and how oblivious he was to the fact that he was losing all his friends along the way. He was trying to chase after Dream, but he had gone too far ahead and George was unable to keep up.

He began to take small, slow steps, occasionally glancing up at the tall, dark green pine trees accompanied by the partly cloudy sky. He listened. Listened for potentially dangerous sounds coming from a specific someone. The sounds never came, which had put him at a fair amount of ease — but not for long.

He heard a small, short rustle that seemed to be coming from the tree to his right. He stopped, slowly pulling out his iron axe, it making a metallic sliding sound as he gradually removed it from his brown, leather belt.

He took an intense breath through his nose, slowly exhaling through his mouth as his muscles tensed.

There were no sounds followed up by the rustle, and it had been roughly a minute ever since the sound had taken place. He hadn't un-tensed, but he began to proceed forward with his axe clenched in his hand.

About 10 minutes had passed, and he finally decided to release his tension.

"Oh, thank god, probably just an animal." He had whispered to himself. He took a step forward before he was met with something crashing down in front of him. A loud gasp was all he could let out as he began to make out the figure. It was Dream. He was wearing a worn down smiley mask, an obnoxiously green hoodie that came over his head, fluffy strands of blonde sticking out from the top of the mask. Iron armor sat on his shoulders, two leather buckles attached to it and reaching all the way to the back to hold a worn down, white cape that was ripped at the end. He wore two brown leather belts at his waist, one holding up his pants and the other one holding weapons. Black pants was his choice of bottoms, a leather buckle wrapping around his legs, holding a tiny pouch with god-knows whats inside. And finally, his long, black boots. He was stacked with supplies that were all worn on his body, compared to George, he merely had an iron axe hooked onto his belt.

"U-uh-" George was shitting his fucking pants, so lost for words that he was choking on his own spit.

The masked blondie began to step closer, causing George to slowly back up. It continued until his back met the rough surface of a pine tree. He knew this was the end for him, he knew he was going to die. Dream flipped open a pouch and snatched a small dagger out of it, pointing it at his neck.

"Where's that little team of yours, hm?"

The brunette was hyperventilating, he didn't want to speak up or he thought he might start crying. He didn't want to be perceived as that, though, so he held back.

"They're here, somewhere. They can kill you any minute." George gritted his teeth as he spat out the threat.

There was a split second silence before the blondie began to giggle.