Chapter 8

I don't know why, but now I can't stop thinking about kissing Luke in his sleep.
No, I can't. That would be wrong.
Right?
God, he looks so gorgeous in his sleep.
I groan internally. What am I doing?
Luke's arm around me pulls me closer into him, and he slightly shifts down the bed so that we're face to face.
He just had to make it harder for me.
He sighs softly. I wonder what he's dreaming about.
I close my eyes and try to force myself to sleep, but it doesn't work. I look over at the alarm clock on his stand. 12:47am.
Ughhhhh!
I look down at his lips. Only less than an inch from mine.
You know what? Screw it.
I lean forward and press my lips softly against his. I stay like that for about ten seconds before pulling back.
But then he leans towards me as I'm pulling away. "Lia?" Luke whispers.
Ohmygodohmygodohmygod! Shitshitshitshitshit!
His eyes are now open. But they don't hold the anger that I would have expected. They hold...lust?
I pull myself up and out of his arms to a sitting position, my hands covering my mouth. "Luke, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean for that to happen!"
He sits up with me and he grabs my hands that were covering my mouth and pulls them towards him. "Amelia, its okay-."
I shake my head repeatedly. Can't believe I actually did that! I could cost us our friendship. "I should go, I'm so sorry." I start to climb out of the bed, but he pulls me back by the hand.
"Hey hey hey, Amelia, listen to me." He grabs my face in between his hands, but I don't dare look him in the eye. He tilts my chin towards him with his finger, forcing me to look at him. "I want you to tell me the truth..."
I nod my head slowly.
       "Why did you just kiss me?" He asks calmly.
        I sigh, my eyes trailing down. "I- I just- I wanted to-."
       "You just felt like it?" Luke smirks, tilting his head to the side.
        I'm mildly shocked by how well he's taking his own best friend wanting to kiss him, so I sit there speechless.
        Luke's eyes move to my lips, in a way I never thought he would look at me. "You're my best friend, Lia..." He whispers.
         I nod slowly and let out a deep breath. "I know. Let's just forget I did that, okay?" I chuckle nervously. "I was just trying something, no big deal." Hopefully he believes that.
          "Really?" He looks back into my eyes.
          My breath catches as I take in how close his face is to mine. "Really." I breathe out.
          "Oh." He lets go of my chin and smirks again. "While I was sleeping?"
          I cringe internally when he puts it like that. "I know, I'm so sorry, it was just a spur of the moment type of thing."
        He chuckles softly. "I'll forgive you...if you let me kiss you back."
        I gasp softly. "What?" I think my heart stopped.
        "You're not the only one who wants to see what it's like to kiss their closest friend." His voice goes husky as he stares at my lips. "The one in the school parking lot was an accident so it doesn't count. Neither does the one where I was half asleep just now."
          Is this actually happening? I mean he only wants to kiss me as an experiment but still.
          "Only with your consent of course." He whispers.
        We're unconsciously leaning towards each other, staring at each other's lips as I nod. "Kiss me."
         Then our lips collide.
        It starts off slow, his mouth moving against mine. We kiss like that for a minute, before I feel his tongue gently slide between my lips, eventually reaching my own tongue.
         That's when things change. It gets hotter and faster. His tongue swirls against mine, as his hands wrap around my waist, and I grab his face in my hands, pulling him in for a deeper kiss. Our soft moans and heavy breathing fill his bedroom.
            Then I'm on my back and he's on top of me, our kiss getting hungrier and deeper. His groans fill my mouth as his hips grind into mine. I wrap my legs around his hips, pushing up every time he grinds down into me.
           His hands slide underneath my shirt, feeling their way up my stomach, stopping just below my breasts. I urge him to go farther, but he doesn't.
          His lips leave mine, only to go down to my ear, licking and sucking on the lobe. Then he trails kisses down to my neck. My eyes aren't able to stay open any longer when he starts licking and sucking at my neck. I gasp when he sucks hard, most likely leaving a spot.
           When I feel something hard pushing against my stomach, I know it's his erect in his thin pajama pants. His hard-on pushes into my crotch. Given that I'm wearing leggings, we can feel almost every detail of each other. And it feels so good.
           But then he's gone.
           I open my eyes and lean up on my elbows to see him across the bed, his heavy breathing matching my own as we stare at each other. Except he's looking at me in horror.
         "Shit, Amelia, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to take it that far." He continues to breathe hard.
        I shake my head. "It's okay, it wasn't just you."
       I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that that actually just happened.
        We stare into each other's eyes for a moment before he breaks eye contact. He clears his throat. "Maybe we should get some sleep?"
         I nod. "Yeah, you're right. We should." I scoot back under the covers, disappointed that it's over so soon, but ecstatic that it was him that initiated our first real kiss. Also sad that he must have regretted it all right after. I wish I knew what he was thinking as he got under the covers to my right.
          We stay silent, facing away from each other, both of us still catching our breath. But also at the same time, holding my breath.
       What's gonna happen to us now?
         A few minutes later, Luke shifts a little.
        "Good night." He whispers.
        I smile, my worries for losing my best friend gone, just like that. "Good night."