Chapter 9

I'm woken by the sound of a toilet flushing. I open my eyes, unfamiliar with the room I'm in. It takes me a minute to remember I'm in Luke's bed. My eyes widen. Holy shit. The events of last night come flooding back to me. Me and Luke kissing. More than just kissing. We were on the verge of having actual sex.
I feel my face heat up and cover my face with my hands. Is this gonna change things for us? I mean of course it is, but will he treat me differently?
His bathroom door opens and he steps out, dressed up for school.
I spring out of bed. "Shit! What time is it?"
Luke chuckles. "Calm down, it's only ten after six."
My heart relaxes. "Oh...How are you up so early?" I'm usually the one who wakes him up.
He shrugs. "Couldn't sleep." He smiles tightly at me.
"Oh." I'm honestly surprised I was able to sleep after what happened last night.
He clears his throat and turns to me, crouching down beside the bed to face me. "About last night..."
My heart starts to pound. But I nod, encouraging him to continue.
"I didn't mean to take it that far. I honestly just wanted to kiss you." He chuckles nervously.
It takes everything in me to not hyperventilate at his closeness, and just everything him. I chuckle back. "It's okay, I think we both got a little ahead of ourselves last night. We both had a long day after everything that happened and were really tired..."
He nods repeatedly. "Yeah, no, you're totally right." He sounds like he's trying to convince himself. "So this doesn't have to change anything between us, right?" He smiles hopefully.
I shake my head and smile. "This doesn't change anything." My heart breaks a little inside, but what did I expect?
He smiles, relieved. "Okay, great. I'm glad we got that out of the way." He laughs.
I chuckle and start to climb out of bed. "Let me get ready, and I'll make us some breakfast." I stand up, and catch Lucas staring at me, his eyes sweeping up my body from my bare legs to my lips, before he quickly looks away. I look down to see my shorts had ridden up and the cold morning air had hardened my nipples through my white cami. I blush in embarrassment.
"No, don't worry about it, you get ready, and I'll make us something." He says.
That catches me off guard. I laugh. "You? Make breakfast?"
He turns to glare at me, with a hint of humor in his eyes. "Yes, Amelia, I know it's hard to believe, but I actually know how to work a toaster."
I laugh, relieved we're back to our usual selves. "I'm sorry, don't let me stop you master chef. I'll meet you down there, hopefully with the kitchen still intact." I turn for the bathroom and shut the door behind me after hearing him mutter obscenities in my direction and something about toast.
           After dressing in my clothes from last night- since I didn't have any time to bring an extra set of clothes after rushing over here last night- I walked downstairs to find Luke standing in front of the toaster. I grin. "Wow, there's no fire, you must be doing something right."
           He turns his head, just realizing I was there, and smiles. "Who knew?"
          I giggle and take a seat at the kitchen's island.
          "You could borrow something from my closet if you don't wanna wear the same thing from yesterday." Luke suggests. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to keep you overnight."
          My face heats up just by how he said that. I'm again reminded of what we both did last night. "Um, if I could just throw a hoodie over my clothes, that'd be fine."
          He nods. "Take your pick." He turns his attention back to the toast when the two surprisingly not burnt pieces of bread pop up. He smiles to himself.
         After going back to his room and taking out a blue hoodie with the school's name and mascot on front, I come back down to see four pieces of toast on the counter with strawberry jam spread across them. My favorite.
Luke's enjoying a piece as he takes me in. His eyes widen a little before he says. "Looks better on you." He smirks.
I scoff. "It's like 3 times my size." I look down at the navy blue hoodie that goes down past my thighs.
He chuckles. "Yeah, and yet it still looks better on you than me...you should keep it." He says.
I start to decline when he stands up and shoves the plate of toast in my hand. "We should go, we're gonna be late. And we still have to stop by your house for your book bag."
Shit, I totally forgot I didn't bring it with me.

We make it to school 8 minutes before 7:00. Luke suggested we just take his car and he'll take me back to get mine after school. I didn't question it. Mostly because I just love being with him.
"See you at lunch?" He parks and looks over at me with a charming smile.
I nod. "See you then." I'm about to jump out of the car, but his hand grabs mine, stopping me. I turn back and see him leaning towards me. I hold my breath. Until he kisses me on the cheek.
Right. I forgot we do that.
"I love you." He says, pulling back.
I smile, opening the car door. "Love you." I grab my bag from the car floor and speed walk to the entrance. He knows I always go straight to class, so he never walks me. He usually spends his free time with Lexi, but now that that's over, I guess he just spends alone time in his car.
I feel a vibration coming from my pocket. I look at my phone and see a text from Jake. Jake. Oh my god. How could I forget what me and Jake did yesterday? Oh my god. What me and Jake did. Olivia. What kind of friend am I? I totally forgot about how Olivia felt for him when I was over his house. What's wrong with me? I'm the worst friend in the universe.
His text reads, 'Good morning, see you in chem?' I let out a sigh of relief, glad he didn't bring up our intercourse from yesterday. I know it's gonna come up sometime and I need to find a way to tell him that we need to stay friends. It's not right to lead him on like this when I don't feel that way for him. It was the heat of the moment and my anger over Lexi being at Luke's house yesterday that drove me to act like I did. I hate to hurt Jake's feelings, but it's better for everyone.
For Olivia.