↳ 05

Miss Jenn smiled softly at Nini. "Okay." The adult said, moving onto the last kid on stage, a tall blonde with glasses - who Autumn recognized as Sebastian.

"You're reading for Ryan, right?" Miss Jenn asked before looking at Carlos.

"I think he'd rather play Sharpay," Carlos remarked. The blonde only smiled as the teacher looked at him, thinking about her assistant's statement.

"I love that. That is so fresh." Miss Jenn said and Seb's smile grew wider. Even though Autumn didn't know the boy very well, she couldn't help but think he'd make an amazing job at playing Sharpay - if he got the part, which she was sure he would.

﹏﹏﹏

"Okay, our last Troy." Miss Jenn stated as EJ walked to the center of the stage. "Oh! And he comes with props! Love it." She said, chuckling.

EJ played with the ball in his hand, smirking at Miss Jenn's statement. "Whenever you're ready." The teacher said and Autumn wondered where Ricky was.

Yes, she had made a clear point that she didn't approve of the reasons he wanted to audition, yet she didn't think he would listen. Did he give up on auditioning? Or was it something else that caused him to be late?

Seb started playing the piano so that EJ could sing the tune that was meant for all the auditions - "Start Of Something New", a High School Musical classic.

"This could be the start of somethin' new. It feels so right to be here with you." EJ sang. Autumn looked at him in awe, the boy could certainly carry a tune. But then again, everyone in that audition room could.

"Oh, and now lookin' in your eyes, I feel in my heart the start of something new." EJ finished, winking at Miss Jenn.

"Well, excuse me, Armie Hammer just called. He wants his jawline back." Miss Jenn joked and everyone looked at her weirdly. "We're moving onto the Gabriella's." The professor announced.

Soon it was Gina's turn to audition and Autumn shot her a reassuring smile. Surely, Gina was going to shine in the audition, just as she did in everything.

"I know that something has changed, never felt this way." Gina sang and Autumn grinned. Gina's voice was, just as the brunette predicted, beautiful.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂

Gɪɴᴀ Pᴏʀᴛᴇʀ, Sᴏᴘʜᴏᴍᴏʀᴇ

My mom always says that if you can't be number one at something, it isn't worth doing. Which isn't at all intimidating. At all.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂

"This could be the start of something new. It feels so right to be here with you, oh. And now looking in your eyes, I feel in my heart the start of something new." Gina finished, smiling.

Autumn ran towards her friend, tackling her in a hug. "Oh my gosh, that was amazing! I didn't know you could sing like that, G." The Campbell said, making Gina giggle while reciprocating the hug.

Then Gina walked backstage, standing near EJ and Nini. Autumn remained in the center of the stage, taking a deep breath to calm her nerves.