Friend of the Enemy

Harry became familiar with Hogwarts. He also became familiar with the houses too.
     The Gryffindors were alright. Too loud and everyone clambers to be the leader except Neville Longbottom.
     The Hufflepuffs were amiable and didn't like competition. Harry befriended the members easily.
     The Ravenclaws were extremely smart. On several occasions they would compliment Harry for being the most academic Gryffindor. Harry also learned a lot from them.
     But it was the Slytherin house that Harry connected the most with. He regretted not being placed in Slytherin. He knew the house was the rival to Gryffindor. Sure their motives were self-centered so were the Gryffindors. Slytherins are more transparent about it.
     Draco Malfoy became Harry'a best friend. Draco defended Harry from all the Weasley siblings' bullying numerous times. He was a pure-blood child but unlike Ron who was also a pure-blood, he didn't shove it up Harry's face.

     "But shouldn't Ron be prejudiced to Hermione too? Even more so since she's fully muggle?" Harry once asked.

     "You're right. Ron only uses her for her knowledge. One day, he'll abandon her," Draco answered.  "Of course I would never do that to you. You're a real devil of a good lad," Draco assured.

     From then on, Harry wool slip into the Slytherin common room after his fellow housemates went off and only returned for bedtime. He felt more at home and was welcomed warmly by the other Slytherins who openly shared their ambitions.

     "What do you want to do?" Draco asked, after dinner one night.

     "I want to learn enough magic so I can live on my own," Harry replied.

     "Good start. We'll help if you need it but I might ask for a favor in return," Goyle said, teasingly.

     Harry laughed and hung out with them. He saw them as his family. All of them smiling, caring, and loving each other. No other house, with the exception of Hufflepuff were like this as the Slytherins were.
     Draco explained Hogwarts past as much as he could in exchange Harry told about the muggle world and how it worked.

     "I'll love to have some muggle objects. Everything here is magical, even our uniforms are supposed to ward off bad spirits!" Draco complained.

     "I do have some pencils but they're broken by Ron after he found them," Harry offered.

     And so the boys enjoyed showing the wonders of the other's world while everyone else did magical recreations. Harry couldn't believe how anyone can be so fixated on the most mundane things in life while Draco can't understand how no one can get tired of magical things that can backfire badly.

     "Potter, let's be friends. I don't care if we're supposed to enemies. Whoever is your enemy is my enemy, whoever is your friend is my friend," Draco offered.

     "Same with you, Malfoy."