Shopping Gone Wrong

The head of the Phantomhive household was at his wits end. Within half an hour, his maid tripped over a stand, his gardener broke a ceramic plate, his chef argued with a vendor, and his footman scared the other customers with his snakes which were clearly ordered not to come.

     "I'm going to relieve my nerves. Those idiots are giving me a headache," Ciel grumbled to his head butler and senior butler.

     The young noble slipped into an alleyway and blocked his surroundings.

     He imagined he was back in the manor before the fire. He saw his twin brother playing happily with their cousin while their aunt joined the fun.

     "Feeling lonely?" Vincent Phantomhive asked.

     "Yes. I want to play with Ciel, Elizabeth, and Aunt Angelina," the boy said.

     "I'm terribly sorry that you have to stay inside but your asthma might act up. How about I show you what I do and what Ciel will do when he's an adult?" Vincent suggested.

     The little boy nodded enthusiastically and followed his father to his study.

     "Young Master, I'm terribly sorry but I broke the China that you bought!" Mey-Rin cried.

     "Go away! I came here to get away from your bloody face!" Ciel commanded.

     He then stepped away onto a sewage pipe. Suddenly he felt himself being sucked in, leaving a bewildered maid behind.
Sebastian, the head butler, sensed something was off and quickly assessed the situation.
     From seeing Mey-Rin's gaze to the dented sewage pipes, Sebastian stepped onto it. Bard, the cook, saw the butler disappear and barreled to the pipes with Finny the gardener, and Tanaka the senior butler, tucked under his arms.

     "'Oscar, shall we follow them?'Says Charlotte," Snake narrates. "'Why wouldn't we? Smile and Black are already gone.' Says Oscar."

     Snake then dragged Mey-Rin with him to the pipes. Those two landed on Finny and Bard.

     "Oh, you lot came to," Ciel noted annoyed.

     "We couldn't leave you, Young Master!" Mey-Rin explained.

     "Are you implying that I am not capable of protecting the Young Master?" Sebastian asked.

     "No! Not at all, Mr. Sebastian!" the maid squeaked, reddening.

     "Enough of this nonsense! Go find out where we are," Ciel ordered.

     "Umm, Young Master, we're in the same alley," Finny stated.

     "Young Master, that man holding the newspapers is reading an issue from 1991!" Mey-Rin exclaimed, taking her glasses off and revealing red eyes.

     "Great. From simply trying to do some errands, we came to a different era. What else can go wrong today?" Ciel said sarcastically.