Good in all Evil

In addition to befriending the Slytherin House, Harry had two sympathetic professors.
     Professor Severus Snape patiently taught Harry and if he saw him getting teased he would reprimand them heavily. Professor Snape also allowed Harry in the Slytherin common room despite it being against the rules.
     Then there was was Professor Quirinus Quirrel, the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. He as an intelligent man who knew a lot about the muggle world since he taught a class the years prior and frequently had Harry to help him explain it.

     "I enjoy teaching this class but I disagree with the given name. I am not here to teach you defense against the Dark Arts because there is good in all evil. Magic itself is neither good nor evil. It is unfair to categorize certain magical techniques into these binary labels," Professor Quirrel said to the class.

     "That's nonsense! Of course it is evil!" Hermione shrieked.

     "Miss Granger, please raise your hand next time and it isn't nonsense. If a wizard with good intentions is resorted to use magical techniques often associated with wizards who uses it for heinous reasons, does that make the well-intended wizard evil?" Professor Quirrell asked.

     "I suppose not but the chances of a wizard having to use the dark arts are almost none!" Hermione answered.

     "Miss Granger, refrain from ever using good or evil when describing magic in my class again," the professor announced. "This goes to all of you."

     "Rubbish! You can't stop us from calling magic good or bad. It doesn't change the fact the class is called Defense Against the Dark Arts!" Ron shouted.

     "Well then, the name is wrong," Professor Quirrell concluded.