| six |

Walking out of the locker room, Cassie slung her white lab coat on her body, walking past a supply closet, Cassie looked inside to see Lexie frantically grabbing a bunch of supplies

Walking out of the locker room, Cassie slung her white lab coat on her body, walking past a supply closet, Cassie looked inside to see Lexie frantically grabbing a bunch of supplies. "Lex" Cassie called out "What's the trauma?". Lexie turned with supplies fumbling out of her hand "There is no trauma, I'm... I'm stealing things for my apartment with George. He keeps calling it the crapartment, so I'm trying to make it homey".

"You do realise that you are a kleptomaniac, right?" Cassie joked as she handed Lexie a spare pillow, which she gladly took. Lexie gasped as she picked up a bedpan "fruit bowl" she exclaimed, causing Cassie to make a face of pure disgust, "Please, don't tell me you're considering making an object people pee in like a bowl to place fruit." Lexie sighed, placing the bedpan away and Cassie eyed the pillows, "I've just moved into a new 3-bedroom apartment, courtesy of my dad, who thought I still might become a lawyer" Lexie didn't turn her head to face Cassie as she commented, "What a nice gesture."  "I mean," Cassie shrugged "not really, he hates that I became a doctor, and 'defied orders'" Cassie did air quotations to show her sarcasm.

Lexie finally turned her head, "You should let George and I move in!" Cassie furrowed her eyebrows, "I thought you guys bought the crapar--apartment already." Lexie shook her head furiously, "Not yet. We're just looking around at the moment." Cassie nodded slowly, "I don't know..." "Come on," Lexie did puppy eyes, "please." Cassie chuckled, "I'll stop by the apartment later to see if it is as bad as everyone is saying."

___

After trying to stop Lexie from stealing yet another thing from the hospital, Cassie walked by the E.R. trolling for cases before she caught sight of George with the patient performing sutures. "Hey," Cassie greeted, "did you know Lexie's stealing from the hospital for your apartment?" "Well," George chuckled as he started the sutures, "unless she's planning to steal roach traps, we're still stuck with the unwanted pets." "Ew." Cassie scrunched up her nose as she thought about multiple roaches in an apartment, "I didn't know that there were roaches!" "Yeah." George nodded, keeping his eyes on the open wound, "And the place is rusting and-- you should come over to see what we're going to move into." Cassie nodded, grabbing a stool nearby to sit with him and the patient, who had her head facing the opposite direction for George to do the sutures on her head, "I am. I'm coming over tonight." "Oh," George muttered something Cassie didn't catch before he looked at her. "What?" "Do you want to do the sutures? They're complex and great intern training." George suggested, trying to pass her the instruments. "Oh." Cassie shook her head, "I haven't done anything like that--" "It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it." George waved a hand, performing two more sutures to show Cassie, "See?" Cassie's eyes stayed on George before nodding, grabbing the instruments, and beginning a suture, "L-Like this...?" "Perfect." George smiled at Cassie as she continued to perfect the sutures.

___

"Holy mother of Mary and Joseph!" Cassie commented as she walked inside the crapartment with Lexie and George, "This is a crapartment." "Crapartment." George agreed, walking inside as he killed a roach on the fridge. "But it'll be our crapartment, George." Lexie sighed as she placed down some of the stuff she stole from the hospital and moved it around before standing in front of the two, "I know it's not much, and I-I-I know it's all stolen, i-it's all stolen and- and- and hospitally and stolen. You two can turn me in if you want to. You can report me for stealing, because obviously, now I'm a thief. I've never even shoplifted a piece of gum before, and now I'm a thief, except I'm--I'm not. I'm a nester. I'm--I'm nesting. This is me nesting..." She waved a hand at George, "for you because you hate it here. You want to be at that big house with Meredith and Izzie where things are warm and you have your friends and--and there aren't any roaches. But this can be warm, and I can put out traps for the roaches. And-- and I... I can be your friend." She walked up to grab Cassie's hand, "No, we--we can be your friends. I d-don't-- I don't have many friends here, and you two are all I got. And I don't have a home to go to anymore, ex-except here." Cassie opened her mouth to respond before George beat her to it, "I complain a lot, don't I?" Cassie replied, "Well... um" "It's--It's okay." Lexie shrugged. "No." George shook his head, "No. You know what? I'm gonna stop. I'm just--I'm just gonna stop right now. I'm gonna focus on what's good, you know, like, uh, like this crapartment," He corrected himself, "like this apartment." Cassie nodded, a small pause in the air as George and Lexie looked around their future apartment before Cassie caved, "Oh my God, please just come live with me." Cassie rolled her eyes, "I have two extra guest rooms, so if you guys want to, you can stay with me." "Oh, thank God." They both cried a sigh of relief. "Cassie," George grabbed the girl's shoulders and smiled, "I could kiss you right now." He hugged her, "Thank you." "No problem." Cassie looked around the crapartment, "Although, I might need to steal from the hospital, too, 'cause the apartment doesn't have a whole lot of furniture." "I'll steal more if I have to!" Lexie smiled as she hugged Cassie once George let go, "You saved us from crapartment." George frowned his eyebrows, "I thought you--" "I hate this apartment as much as you do, George." Cassie chuckled as she looked at the stuff Lexie got and joked, "Wish you'd have stolen a TV." "I tried." Lexie admitted, "They're bolted to the walls." George shrugged, "Still."