| twelve |

George dragged Cassie from their bedroom, much to her dismay "George what are you doing, I was gonna have a nap" she whined "Nope, not anymore, we're going on a date" He smiled at her, "So get ready for the best date ever" He added

George dragged Cassie from their bedroom, much to her dismay "George what are you doing, I was gonna have a nap" she whined "Nope, not anymore, we're going on a date" He smiled at her, "So get ready for the best date ever" He added. This caused Cassie to hurriedly get changed into actual clothes, before running to meet George in the living room.

"We'll take my car today and I'll drive," George said as he saw Cassie walking towards her car. Cassie wanted to protest, but she knew that he always likes to drive when they are together, so she let him drive. George drove the car for 45 minutes before Cassie decided to ask the pertinent question "When are we going to get ... wherever it is we are going?" she whined, "We are almost there, Cass." George replied and continued to concentrate on the road.  They pulled up into the car park of a carnival "omg a carnival" Cassie squealed excitedly, causing George to laugh "You have mentioned wanting to go to an amusement park before, so I thought since we were both off today, we should make the most of it", he replied grasping her hand, and entwining their fingers together, before heading to the entrance of the carnival.

___

"We are gonna have so much fun today." George excitedly said. Cassie squealed in response before they went into the carnival. Cassie immediately dragged George towards a stall.  In the stall, there was a game in which you gave to hit a pyramid of five cans with three balls and if all five balls get knocked down, the stall attendant will give you a teddy bear as a price.  "Do you want that, Cass?" George asked and Cassie replied as nodding her eagerly.  Cassie was going to hand the money to the guy as George stopped her.  "I told you I'm treating you today," he said and reached for his wallet.  "You don't have to do that George, let me pay for this one." she pleaded.  "Nope." he simply answered with a subtle smile etched on his lips, causing Cassie to give in.  After he got the three balls, he aimed the first ball and got down 3 cans. He tried again and hit the remaining two cans with the second ball and won the game. Cassie got to decide the bear she'll get and decided to pick a golden retriever plushie. She wouldn't tell him this, but it reminded her of George, he gives off golden retriever energy. 

Cassie and George were walking hand in hand around the carnival, talking about anything and everything that popped into their genius minds. Cassie squealed and dragged George into a photo booth. George sat down on the small stool, pulling Cassie to sit on his lap. The first picture was of Cassie and George smiling into the camera. The second picture Cassie squished George's cheeks together, whilst laughing. The third picture George and Cassie both pulled a funny face, George stuck out his tongue, putting 2 fingers behind Cassie's head, whereas Cassie puffed her cheeks out. The fourth and final picture, George pulled Cassie close and laid a gentle kiss on her lips. They walked out of the photo booth and grabbed the printed pictures, Cassie handed one to George and kept the other for herself. They both smiled at the pictures in their hands "This one is my favourite" George stated pointing at the fourth picture, causing Cassie to giggle "it's mine too"

It was almost 8 when they decided to ride the Ferris wheel. George got the tickets and they both went on the ride. The Ferris wheel went around slowly, Cassie and George taking in the view from around them. The time they spent there was so precious and meaningful. They talked about how much they love spending time with each other and getting to know each other. When they were on top, they shared and a long passionate kiss that tells how much love there is in their heart for the other, even if they didn't know it yet. The pair got off the ride and decided it was late and they should head home.

___

But before they headed home, George wanted to take Cassie down to the pier, which just so happened to be just down from the carnival. Walking hand in hand, they slowly strolled down the uneven terrain before they reached the wooden pier. George came to an abrupt halt, causing Cassie to look at him confused "I brought you down here to ask you a question" he started, seeing a panicked look spread across her features "and no I'm not proposing" he joked, which immediately calmed her nerves.

George got down on one knee and pulled out a ring pop, he had secretly bought at the carnival "Now, I know it might look like I'm proposing, but when I do that I will use a real ring and not a giant brick of candy" he laughed before continuing "I wanted to bring you here to tell you that I love you, and I know it might be fast, but you are a very bright light in a dark world, and I can't thank you enough for speaking to me in the locker rooms that day. And I know that we are technically already together but I wanted to officially ask. So Cassie Elizabeth Storm, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked, holding the red ring pop up to her. Cassie kneeled down next to George and kissed him. She grasped the ring pop from his hand and slid it on her finger "Yes George O'Malley, I will officially be your girlfriend" she exclaimed, before kissing him again, a huge smile spread across the pair's faces. "Ooh, strawberry," Cassie said after licking the ring, causing George to laugh at his girlfriend.