three

Luz p.o.v

my mom was finally leaving, i'm pretty the sure only reason she was leaving is because she had work in four hours. we were all outside, my mom telling Eda thank you for letting me stay. "hey, it's no problem. i'll make sure she's safe." Eda assured my mom, my mom gave her a hug and walked over to me.

"be good mija, i love you so much. please, be nice to Eda." my mom says pulling me into a tight hug.

"i'll be fine mamá, i love you too." i choke out, hardly being able to talk since i was being crushed in a bear hug. i give my mom a pat on the back and she lets go. she waves off while walking to her car, once she was out of view Eda sighed.

"well putting up that act was tiring. i'm gonna take a nap kid." Eda waved off turning around and walking in the house.

"what do you mean act?" i ask totally confused on what she was meaning.

"oh right! well you see kid, i'm a felon." she nonchalantly replies turning to me and picking between her teeth.

"you're what?!" i yell astounded that first of all my mom sent me to live with a felon expecting me to become better.

"don't tell your mom but i'm known as 'Eda the Owl Lady'." she laughs out crossing her arms. "i'm the biggest felon in Bonesborough. i scam, steal, and run from the cops. i'm only helping your mom because she helped me get on my feet after high school."

"and what if i decide to tell my mom?" this was the perfect blackmail so i could get out of this hell.

"then you go back home. look kid, if you don't tell your mom that you're living with a felon i'll let you do practically anything you want as long as you attend school and keep your grades above a C-. oh! also you can't get into big enough trouble to where the police get heavily involved, because that would be shit for both of us." she tells me placing her hands on her hips and giving me a grin. honestly this was a really good deal, if i told my mom about her being a felon that would first of all; make me a good kid. secondly; i would be at home still dealing with my mother coming after me.

"deal." i smile holding out my hand to the taller lady in front of me. she grins bearing a golden tooth and shakes my hand.

"great kid. now, come inside. my show is about to start." she tells me letting go of my hand and waving me inside. she enters and i close the door behind me. she sits down on her couch and turns on the tv, propping her legs up on the coffee table and crossing them. i go and sit next to her, Eda broke the silence. "so you like music?" she asked turning over to me.

"yeah i got a knack for it." i confirm looking over to her.

"well kid, what do you know how to play?" she raised a eyebrow crossing her arms again.

i hold up my fingers to count and recollect what i know how to play, "guitar, piano, and my primary is drums." i tell her turning back to the grey haired lady.

"i'm sure you'd like the band class at the school. hell, i'm sure you'd have a blast at the underground music club." now those peaked my attention.

"underground music club?" i ask raising an eyebrow.

"yup! it's been going since i was a teenager, you gotta be over sixteen to get in. it's a few times a week and it's like fight club, you don't talk about it in public." she said the last sentence sternly, but shifted back to her normal tone. "people preform, dance, drink, smoke. it's practically a rave. i used to preform there when i was your age, you make bank preforming."

"wait, you make money?" this thing was hitting all the key points of what sounded fun to me.

"lots of money. growing up my band was called 'the Bad Girl Coven'. some people even get discovered there. entry is five bucks and you can stay till the sun rises." she said leaning in to tell me the details.

"a band? that's honestly genius! get a band together, make bank, and maybe become famous. i like your words magic man." i tell the woman next to me, she gives me a smirk.

"and if you want kid, i will happily be manager if i get some of that cash." she tells me resting her head in her hand.

"deal." i tell her putting my hand out for her to shake it. this was a full proof plan, getting money to practically do what i love. she shakes my hand and leans back into her prior position. "wait how am i going to find people for a band?" i ask turning back to Eda.

"easy, find some at school. there's lots of bad kids who go there because of their parents. just like you." she said not taking her eyes off the tv in front of her. well, she wasn't wrong. "maybe you could even find some people there. it's going on tonight." i agree with her and tell her i'll go, she told me what time we'd leave and then i walked up to my room to unpack.

i put my drums together and put up my posters in my room. i rearranged everything to the way i liked it and admired my work. "perfect." i mumbled nodding my head. i then go and put my clothes into the dresser, thinking about what i wanted to name my band.