twenty-four

Amity p.o.v

me and Luz change in the bathroom together and then head downstairs. Eda was passed out on the couch snoring and Luz went up and flicked her in the head. Eda sits up and groggily looked around the room looking from me to Luz. "hey kids, what do you need?" she asked with a yawn.

"you ordered the food right?" Luz asked putting a hand on her hip. Eda gave a simple nod to her. "okay good, because i didn't want to have to call it in if you passed out before ordering. also what are you planning on doing with all these damn boxes in here?" she points to the forty-some boxes in the room.

"i'll think about it when i wake up from my nap." she says laying down again. Luz facepalms and groans, cussing under her breath. she ended up having me following her up to her room again and closes the door. she walks to her bed and plops her body on it. i follow her and sit next to her sprawled out body.

"how long are you staying till?" the brunette asks turning her head to me.

"around six-thirty maybe? i still have to do violin practice and finish schoolwork." i contemplated putting my finger to my chin.

"you can do your schoolwork here. it's only around four-thirty." she tells me sitting up and looking at a clock on her wall.

"are you sure? i don't want to be a bother." i ask her furrowing my eyebrows. i didn't want to make her feel bad for me having to do schoolwork even though i'm already ahead. sure i could just not do schoolwork, but i don't want my parents to see that i'm just going at a normal pace and end up getting upset with me.

"it's totally cool. i don't mind at all. want me to walk you to your car and grab your things?" she offered pointing to the door. i shake my head no and give her a kiss on the cheek. i thank her and tell her i'll be right back. i stand up and walk out her room, and go fetch my things from my car. i come back in and Eda was still just as much asleep. as i walk up the stairs i hear a faint strumming of a guitar.

i walk in front of her room and see she now had her door shut. i turn the handle and open it to see her sitting on the end of her bed having one leg dangle off the side. she stops playing, looking up from her guitar to me and giving me a smile. i close the door behind me, walk over, and sit at the head of the bed. "trying to serenade me?" i ask raising an eyebrow to the girl across the bed as i pull out things from my bag.

"awe, do you want me to?" she says with a smirk, resting her hand lightly on the neck of the guitar. i roll my eyes and look down to my schoolwork pulling out my pencil and going over notes. "you didn't answer my question." she laughs as i look up to see she was still giving me that smirk and now leaning in for a answer.

"if i say yes will you let me do my schoolwork?" i ask her deadpanned. she gave me a nod and i sigh putting my pencil between the pages and closing the book to keep my spot. "go on." i usher bringing my knee up and propping my head on it.

"this wonderful song, preformed by me, is called 'i wish' by Dahm." she triumphs putting her hand on her chest. she looked like she got struck by a thought and looks to me. "want me to sing it to you?"

i give her a small smile and nod my head. she then gets in position and starts to play, saying the words as she looks down at her guitar. i just listen and think about the words. i watch her face go from a smile to focused and a slight bit of hurt. the person from a few minutes ago felt like she went away. the dorky girl i knew that would flirt with me washed away. she then quits playing the guitar and finishes saying the rest of the words. she still wouldn't look up to me, still focused on her guitar. once finished she looked up to me again. "was i good?" the brunette asked with a small smile.

"you were amazing." i comfort giving her a smile. Luz looks at me for a second and then takes her guitar and sets it on the ground and crawling over to me. i drop my knee and she lays down on her stomach, wrapping her arms around my torso and placing her head against my thigh. i take my hand and run it through her short hair. "you should wear your beanie less, i like your hair." i lightly joke.

"in your dreams. this is something only you get to see." she tells me shaking her head no. i lightly laugh as i move hair out of her face. "want me to move so you can do your schoolwork?"

"no, i like seeing you like this. plus i can use your back as a table." i joke petting her head. i get an idea and grab a pillow from behind me and ask her to move her head. i place the pillow down and she lays her head back on it. i then grab the notes i was working on and opening the page again. i lay it against her back and go to work on school.

"you really weren't joking with that part, huh?" Luz laughs as i was writing.

"only a little bit." i smile still writing. we fall into a comfortable silence as she holds me around my waist and i keep writing. all felt right with the world at this moment. if anyone else saw me this happy they would probably be worried, Luz was a different case.