twenty-two

Amity p.o.v

"wanna get to cleaning? this place is covered in dirt and cobwebs." i ask the taller girl next to me. she nods and we walk back inside the house grabbing cleaning supplies. Eda already had piles sorted out from some of the boxes we brought in. she was mumbling to herself about what could be sold and what couldn't.

once we had everything we needed we walked back to the room and i started sweeping as Luz cleaned all the shelves. after about forty minutes we got done with cleaning the shelves and floors. "i'm fucking buying a air conditioner for this room. holy hell i'm dying." Luz complained then taking off her beanie, it looked foreign seeing her without one on.

"you have hair short?" i asked her, making her turn to me.

"what's do you mean? it's always been short." she questioned furrowing her eyebrows. i walk up to her and bring my hand up to it placing it on her slightly sweaty hair and fluffing it.

"i thought you just had a undercut growing out and put the majority of your hair in the beanie." i say giving it a long look, trying to get used to it. Luz grabs my hand from her head and then drags me to the stairs. she makes me take a seat on them and then sits on the lower stairs. she puts my hand on her head and leans against me between my legs. "what are you doing?" i laughed out.

"no one touches my hair so it feels good. i'm just taking advantage of the situation." she insisted, shrugging her shoulders. i started to play with her hair.

"why is it cut like this?" i asked looking over to her.

"i had long hair until i was around six, then i cut it all off at school because a asshole bullied me for it. he would say shit about it made me look like a boy with long hair. then had it as a pixie cut until i was around fourteen, when i figured out i'm gender non conforming. i let it grow out a little bit and noticed i like my front pieces longer than the rest of my hair. so since then i've kept growing it out but cutting the back. i think it looks good on me." she finishes leaning her head back, looking up to me.

"i think it looks good on you too." i say giving her a smile. she pauses and looks at me for a second, then she turns around and places her hands on either side of the stair i was sitting on. she leaned in closer to my face making me turn red. her eyes would flicker between my eyes and lips.

"can i kiss you?" Luz asked waiting for me to answer. i give her a slight nod, looking at her lips and back up to her brown eyes. she leans in an kisses me, i close my eyes and my heart starting to pound. all the feelings from earlier that day erupted again and i was a mess internally.

she pulls away and looks at me. without thinking i spoke. "kiss me again." she does what i say and leans back in kissing me once again. i lean into the kiss and brought my hand up running it through her hair. i was on cloud nine at this point, i don't know what was happening. she lifted her hand and brought it up to my cheek and holding it, rubbing her thumb against my cheek.

we pull away and i look at her astonished. i could hear my heartbeat in my ears. my body felt like it could just melt into a big blob. my brain felt like it would just fly away and be content for the rest of eternity. i wanted to jump and up and down and scream like i just met a celebrity, but i also wanted to hide away and lock myself up like i was embarrassed. everything in my body was conflicted but not in a 'you shouldn't kiss her' or 'this is bad' type of way. it was more like 'i really want to kiss her' but 'i really want her to kiss me' type of thing.

i hear Luz let out a sigh, "fuck it." she says going in and kissing me again. this one was a lot more passionate, i close my eyes and wrap my arms around her neck. she was practically over me now and i was laying against the stairs. she grabs my hips and presses them against hers making me wrap my legs around her waist. i take one arm down from around her neck and bring it down her arm to feel her muscles.

"Luz!" we hear Eda yell opening the front door of the house. we instantly stop kissing and let go of each other and Luz stands while i sit up. our faces were both bright red. Eda walks in and compliments the place not even noticing us. "wow look at this place! it looks great! you guys even found the piano and some of the old speakers. i'm sure there's more band stuff up in that loft."

"yeah we'll check it tomorrow." Luz says trying to act like nothing happened not even two minutes ago.

"yeah you're right. chinese take out on me! are you staying for dinner Blight?" Eda asks me. my eyes look between her and the taller girl next to me. Luz gave me a light nod and i then turn back to Eda.

"i would love that. thank you Eda." i say giving her a small smile out of kindness. she waved it off and said she was going to go order it. it was just me and Luz left alone again.

"you should probably go take a shower, we're both covered in dirt and i don't want your parents getting suspicious." Luz offered not looking me in the eye and scratching the back of her head, her cheeks were still flushed red. i agree and the brunette holds out a hand to help me up. i accept her help and we get up walking into the house. "hey Eda! we're gonna shower first before the food shows up!" Luz yells to the older lady while walking up the stairs. Eda yells from the kitchen a loud 'okay'.