// Part 1 //

Hiiiiiiii! So I guess this is the start of book two. Damn, I didn’t even expect us to finish book one because no one would enjoy it but thanks you all you guys, here we are. So the last book was kinda more based around Rose and Ash – as you guys probably know – but this one is going to look more at Ava. Rashton will still be featured though, don’t worry ;)

This is basically just picking up from where we left off so you guys won’t miss out on anything.

Thanks for getting us this far,

Evelyn x

P.s, if you haven’t noticed already, we’re British so we tend to use English slang, so sorry if you don’t understand what we’re saying half the time aha

(Ava’s POV)

Who would’ve thought it? My best friend and my half-brother. I suppose I should have seen it coming, I mean they are kind of perfect for each other. By the way Rose was looking at me when she told me; she probably thought I would disapprove of the whole thing. But in reality, I’m just happy they found each other so they can finally be happy. If anyone can make a long distance relationship work, it’s those two.

Now that all the boys have gone though, it’s like all the energy has been drained from our lives. I can hardly go out with Rose because since the previous clubbing incidence, she’s been petrified of the thought. It’s not like we can do much else though because my best –and pretty much only true friend – is constantly about how great her love life is. Like I said, I’m happy for them but I’m not really the romantic type. All this lovey dovey stuff gets a bit too much after a while.

I’ve gone back to spending the nights out though. With everyone here, I felt like I had a place, like people cared. Now they’re gone. Rose is happy and in love. My parents are too focused on work to care where I go. And since I failed college, it’s not like I have to worry about getting up the next morning. Although it’s usually not my own bed I wake up in.

But yet through all this, I can’t help but feel a nagging in my heart. Every time someone asks me to dance or touches my skin I feel a stab of guilt. So I drown myself in whatever I can get my hands on to make the pain go away: alcohol, drugs, men. I just need it to stop.

(Calum’s POV)

“Hey Ashton, do you want to go-”

“Cal, I’m on the phone. Just give me a second.” He replies quickly, clearly wanting to get back to the conversation.

“Say hi to Rose for me!” I say while closing the door, knowing instantly by the blush on his face I was correct in my assumption.

Those two are adorable together. Since we got back, Ash can’t stop gushing about all the romantic things they’re going to do together once they’re reunited and all the song lyrics he’s already written about her.

As happy as I am for him though, there’s a small portion of me that just wants him to shut up about the whole thing. He got the girl. So why couldn’t I?

I know it sounds stupid and whiny but there was just something about Ava. She has this personality that screamed dangerous but somehow, that drew me in. In any other girl the confidence she has would have deterred my attraction yet I could almost sense that something was slightly off about it. Like it was some kind of façade.

I sound like a twelve year old school girl gushing about my first crush but the feeling I get when I think about her has stuck ever since we left. Maybe I should try to move on, find another girl. It would be easy, I mean I am in the “Best Australian Band” according to MTV. Wow I really need to get over myself.

Maybe I should just call her. I wouldn’t seem desperate, would I?

“Pull yourself together, Cal. Just do it.” I think to myself.

“Right, I’m doing it. Here I go. I’ve got this. It’s just a call, doesn’t mean anything. Just to check in. Yeah, that works.” I begin to mutter to myself, getting nervous.

I go to my contacts and scroll down until I see her name.

“my fAVArite <3”

I scoff at the name, remembering when she had typed that in. She looked so damn proud of herself afterwards. Everything was so much more chilled when we were in England. It feels so far away now. Well, probably because it is, it’s kind of on the other side of the world.

Oh crap! That means there’s going to be one hell of a time difference. Me being the dumbass that I am, I google the time difference and attempt to work out what the time would be over there.

“So if we’re eleven hours ahead and its 9am on a Saturday, which means it’s …, like … urm… 8pm on the Friday? Well, let’s hope she’s not on a date or anything.” I jokingly say out loud, but then regret immediately after.

 I press call and hold my breath, not knowing what to expect.

“Well if it isn’t my favourite little kiwi.” I hear.

“Woah, don’t forget the Scottish half too.” I respond boldly.

“Oh how could I forget! Hou are ye then, me wee lad?” she asks in an awful Scottish accent.

“You’re so dumb,” I chuckle, “I just thought I’d check in and see how you’re doing. I miss you…and Rose obviously.”

Good job Calum. Can I get any more awkward?

“Right, yeah. To be honest, not much has happened. It’s just feels empty here without all of you.”

“Same here. So, how’s school going?” I question awkwardly.

“Don’t even get me started on school. I have like five million exams coming up and my parents have said if I get good enough grades I can go to any university I want so there’s kind of a lot riding on this. Not that you would know anything about that, dropout.” She teased.

“Who needs school when you can be as amazingly good looking and talented as me.” I said, trying to play it cool.

“Shut up, dork.”

“Make me.”

“Is that a challenge Mr Hood?”

“Not at all Ms Irwin, merely a request.”

“Well then, request accepted.”

Before I could reply, I heard my bedroom door swing open and saw a beaming Ashton walk through.

“Who you talking to?” he enquired.

“None of your business.” I retorted.

“Oooooo, has Calum got a girlfriends?” Ashton said, making his voice sound like a thirteen year old girl.

“Shut up, can you leave already.” I snapped.

“Wait is that Ash? Pass me over.” Ava requested.

I rolled my eyes and gave my friend the phone, hating him at that moment for interrupting the conversation. A few minutes later my phone was returned Ava and I said our goodbye, promising to talk to each other soon.

A goofy smile resided on my face as I returned my phone to its pocket.

Noticing me reaction, Ashton looked at my sternly and said: “Dude, you better not have a crush on my sister.”