2

"look kayla, i didn't mean to hurt you. i just can't do this anymore" nick said as i sat on my bed.

he drove up here to spend the weekend with me. but i guess he had different plans. i knew he meant well though

it still hurt. i can't help that he lost feelings for me, though i wish i could. i felt so heart broken when he wrapped his arms around me. i started crying.

"i'm so sorry kay" he whispered

"i just want you to be happy" i said. he smiled and kissed my head.

"well i guess i will get going. i don't want to intrude" he said standing. i just noddded.

he walked out the door like it was nothing. i just stared out my window showing down town new york. tears kept pouring.

"to think i was going to tell you i loved you"

i whispered to myself before grabbing my phone and just calling someone. i needed someone, something

"kayla! what is up?" karl's voice shot through

"he broke up with me" i said numbly.

"i am texting caroline. i will send her over."

his sister caroline was my best friend. she was my everything. she lived close to me since she was going to college in new york.

"okay" i whispered. i laid down and stared at the wall next to me

"so what happened?" he asked calmly

"he told me i wasn't the one. he said he lost feelings a while ago but held on for me, he just couldn't do it anymore"

"i'm sorry kay. at least he was honest"

"i don't blame him. it just hurts because i honestly was starting to fall in love"

"caroline is 15 minutes away" he said.

"okay, i am sorry for dropping all of this on you" i said feeling bad.

"don't worry about it kayla"

punz's pov:

i was laying in bed scrolling on my phone till i got a call from sapnap. weird. i answered anyways. i put it on speaker

"what's up dude?" i asked sitting up

"well i broke up with her" he laughed.

"you what?" i said in shock.

"it was getting to much. plus i think i caught feelings for someone else. i didn't want to cheat on her" he said

"she planned on telling you that she loved you this weekend" i blurted out.

"well that sucks for her" he laughed coldly once again

"you are a dick you know? i know you can't help losing feelings and i am glad you ended things before cheating but to say it sucks for her that she couldn't say she loved you. dude you are a dick" i raised my voice a little bit.

"calm down i was joking"

"whatever. i got to go"

"bye" he said. i just hung up. how could you be so selfish honestly?

kayla's pov:

"he isn't worth your time" caroline said

i was in her arms crying as she comforted me. i hing up on karl as she got here. i grew up next door to them. they were my best friends truly.

"it just makes no sense to me" i said.

"what doesn't make sense?"

"ever since him and jace started to get closer he became distant. even karl noticed"

"he wouldn't cheat. i can promise you that" caroline reassured me.

i just sighed and grabbed my phone. i was meant with him and i as my lock screen.

"hand it over. i will delete and change everything so you don't have to" she took my phone and did what she said she was going to do.

i laid in my bed staring at the ceiling and slowly started to cry myself to sleep. as i fell asleep.

punz's pov:

i decided to stream since it had been two days. i knew i needed to stream soon enough and not worry about others

kayla and i might not be close but she still trusted me. we only talked in vc's with other people so i didn't know if it would be weird to reach out to her.

i sighed as i started my first valorant game and barely looked at chat.

i hoped she was okay. i knew sapnap could be a dick sometimes but i hope he doesn't move on that quickly. if he does, he will be getting a breakup album

she was an artist, what do you expect. i mean only having one song out but working on other music seems to be an artist

and knowing driver's license was about her ex from high school just shows how bad a whole album would be.

god, i hope nick isn't super dumb

punzonthatbeat $25 : you seem very distracted

"yeah sorry guys, i was in thought about something." i apologized. oopsies

kayla's pov:

i woke up in the bed alone. i knew caroline had left. she had classes tomorrow and it was almost 10 pm. i sat up and looked at the wall.

i hope i can get over this quickly because i am very sad and over feeling this way already and it hadn't been a whole day.

i looked over at desk and saw my notebook.

fuck it. time to go write a song. only way i know how to cope.