How Far We've Come

3 months have since passed. I've been in the glade for 9 months now, where as Alby has for 10.

Our greenie who got hurt, Newt, from 3 months back as since recovered well, but he'll live with a limp.

I've been placed in my job. I'm a medjack as I've always had a knack for medicine. Though I'm not the only medjack, we've had other men come up with medical skills. I am however the keeper of our medjacks.

Our glader count has raised to 24 over the past 3 months, and our glade has only improved. We have a well maintained garden, as well as lots more buildings.

The people who sent us here have sent us animals, so we have a slaughterhouse for food. A new job requires new workers, so we made a new job, slicers.

Alby had the idea to build a cafeteria type place where we'd eat and cook food, well our cooks will make food. We have a cook named Frypan who has become a friend of mine.

I've become well acquainted with everyone and made quite a few friends.

A way to get everyone acquainted with new greenies was needed, so as a group we decided to do bonfires. It's kinda like a little tribute to my first night in the glade with Ably.

Some of the boys started a small wrestling ring to intimidate the greenies. Gally has become rather good at it, and that's has only made him more cocky.

------- 2 months later -------

Its Alby's one year anniversary in the maze. We're getting ready to throw him a little celebration.

In terms of the glade we've built a watch tower, and our runners have been making good progress on the map so far. Our glader count isn't too much higher at 25 gladers. We had up to 30, but sadly we lost some people to grievers over the past 2 months.

Everyone is hard at work with the celebration. Alby was the start to all of this and he deserves to enjoy a night of peace.

We're planning a bonfire as well as a cake. We had just enough ingredients for 1 cake. We decided it was the only occasion we'd really get to use them.

------ 1 month later -------

I've been here officially for a year. We're not doing a big celebration again. We have a bonfire tonight for the new greenie coming today anyway, so we're celebrating then.

We dont have the kinds of supply's to use on a party for everyone every single month. Alby's celebration was a special exception, he was the first person here.

Alby enjoyed his party last month. He told me it was the best time he's had since entering this place. That's what we were aiming for.

Authors note
1 year mark has been hit. I feel I should go a bit faster, so next part in gonna try to get all the way to 2 years.
Our 5 part is gonna be the build up to 3 years when Thomas arrives.
Part 6 we will really get into the story line we're all used to.