Chucky Chuckles

In the glade you never run out of people to talk to. I've been here for 30 months and that means I've experienced a new greenie over 30 times now.

Even when we get groups of greenies its still just as difficult, maybe even more so. Try imagining a group of around 5 boys not knowing anything about who or where they are. Now you have to try to explain it to them, while also keeping them from running in to the death trap we call the maze.

Doesnt sound fun does it.

Thankfully we get a party at the end of it all to relax after that chaos and finally get to know these boys.

This month we got a group of 3. Alby gave them the tour while we got the bonfire set and ready.

How is my experiences with the greenies?

(For fem readers)

I've grown tired of the greenies questions about my gender. I get it i'm the only one with tits, but i'm not an exhibit. Most greenies lay off by their third day when they realize just how far I can kick their shank asses.

(For masc readers)

Whenever the greenies find out I was the second one here they start hounding me with questions. Alby is not one for actually answering questions with real answers. Half ass answers are his thing as I'd say, so they think they'll get more out of me.

The first time it was kinda cool, but by now it's gotten annoying. I send them off in Newts direction which always earns me a annoyed sigh from Newts end.

------- 5 months later -------

I've been here 35 months.
Its officially 36 for the whole glade. That means we've hit 3 years in this god forsaken place, and we're still shucking here.

The sun has barely even risen, and I'm up and out of bed. We're sending off one of my patients for his first run since recovery. It's my job to do one final check to make sure hes all set to head out.

"Let's get this over with." I say as I walk over to them.

"Oh right I nearly forgot." He shows me his ankle as I crouch down to look. Without a word I stand back up and kick him in the ankle. He winces "what was that for Y/n!?"

I keep a straight face as I reply "you'd be crying like a baby if it wasn't healed enough. It's just a sure way to check. Off with you now." He rubs his ankle while still standing before taking off with Minho for the morning run.

Alby comes up behind me chuckling as he approaches.

"That sure is one way to do things." Ably pats me on the back as he walks passed me.

I don't know how so many of these guys manage to be up this early. Since I'm already awake I head down to get breakfast before I start working.

Frypan is our excellent cook here in the glade. Well hes not the only one, but he is the best that's why he was made keeper of the cooks.

As I walk into eat Frypan always gives a warm welcome. "Goodmorning Y/n, I wasn't expecting to see you in this early. " Frypan greets with a warm smile like always.

"I had to check out Ben's ankle before I sent him out again, so now I'm wide awake." I grab my food looking like I'll fall asleep on the spot.

Clint sets up in the morning around 6 where Jeff and I come in around 8. We had more medjacks, but we eventually lost them.

More gladers came into eat, but I zoned out til I finished eating. After eating I head out to help Clint set up.

-------3 hours later-------

I'm working on research when I hear our greenie alarm start blaring. I completely forgot it was greenie day til now.

"Should we get going" Our last greenie came in for a splinter from building with Gally.

"It takes 30 minutes to get here we still have time, but I won't stop you." I never looked up from my book once. He got up and left while I stayed in.

W.I.C.K.D sent up health books for us to improve our medicine. I've been studying it, but there's a lot of stuff in here I myself have never even heard of.

"Box is here Y/n." Jeff walks out the door as I closed and put away my book.

(Fem readers)

I know we wont have another girl coming up. I've already come to terms with it, but i still enjoy going to greet the greenies.

(Nothing for masc here)

Newt and Alby go in the front and open the box. Inside is a chubby little boy scared out of his mind.

I push passed Newt and Alby. I proceeded to jump into the box before  they object.

"I know you cant remember anything, and this is absolutely terrifying. I'm not gonna force you to come out but I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Y/n." He didn't say anything he simply stared in pure horror.

"Let's give him some time mate." Newt reaches out his hand to lift me out. I take hold and he hoists me out.

-------1 hour later-------

We managed to get him out, but not without him klunking his pants a few times. The guys have been laughing about it since they got him out, but I feel bad for him. This kid was around 12 or 13 with no memories surrounded my a bunch of teenage men. Hell if I came up now with everyone here I'd be bloody crying.

Newt took him for his tour while we worked. Some of the gladers we told to set up the bonfire for tonight. I was asked to help so I've been collecting all the wood and branches I could find with Zart.