Banishment

My morning was slow as usual. I periodically had to stitch up a few of our slicers, but aside from that was research and noting. Alby likes us to keep details on what supplies we use in here and what we use it for. It gives him a better idea of what we need from the Creaters month to month.

We can put in requests but they usually don't happen. Still on those rare occasions it's a blessing.

"HELP!! HELP ME!"

I was caught off guard by screaming from outside. I knew I wasn't hearing things because Jeff went speeding out of the building before i even processed what was happening.

When i snapped out of it and got outside there was a crowd gathered around something I couldnt quite see. Thomas looked like he was in shock.

As I approached I saw Newt pining Ben down to the ground. Ben had a gash in his forehead that was fresh and he was foaming from the mouth.

The scene was all too familiar. He'd been stung...
And it was too late for treatment....

"Lift his shirt." Alby was calm almost as if he had felt nothing at all looking at our friend going insane and obviously in pain.

Newt listened lifting up his shirt to reveal what we all knew true by then.

"I'm fine. Please Alby I'm okay I swear!" Ben pleaded for Alby to listen to him, but he already made up his mind.

He knew what had to be done. Others walked away not wanting to watch the horror unfold in front of us.

* * *

Chuck took Thomas away and us keepers got ready with out poles.

Its heartbreaking to have to banish our friends into the maze to parish as they cried and begged us to stop.

As the gladers gathered round before the closing of the doors Minho brought out Ben.

"Minho no please.. stop please.. I'll get better.." Ben was sobbing and snot was running out of his nose.

The scene itself was gross and painful. We could stop this at any moment. We could put him down humanely.

However, it had been decided and I didnt have the authority to change it. My job was to be here and stand by Alby 100% of the way, so that's what I did.

"Poles!!" Alby ordered and we obliged lowering our poles blocked Ben from any escape route.

Ben cried and pleaded. I felt my eyes water but didnt let them fall.

I had been through every single banishment here along with Alby, and yet it doesn't effect him like it does to me.

Alby has hardened to it over time and shows no evidence of regret or sadness. His face remains blank like it was just an average Tuesday. He made the decision to do this and he knows it's the best option he can make or at least he thinks it's the best decision.

Ben was forced through the doors as they began to close on him sealing his body inside the maze.

I let out a shaky sigh as I straighten my pole to rest my body against. I felt my heart drop to my stomach with an uneasy feeling.

The longer they were here the closer I got to them making it harder and harder to say goodbye.

"Let's go get dinner Y/n. Nothing we can do now." Newt gave me a pat on the back before turning around to head with everyone else to go eat.

I couldn't eat after this, but I still went because I would regret it in the morning.

I picked at my food for what felt like hours before getting up and finding a place to sleep. That night Ben would haunt my dreams til I awoke.