Stung

The night was long I tossed and turned all night. I barely even getting a wink of sleep at all.

The sun began to rise and I knew the doors would open in the next 20 minutes.

Everyone was going on with their day. Working and chatting, but Chuck and I sat by the door waiting. We didn't even speak, not a word.

"They're not coming back, I'm sorry Chuck. I'm sorry Y/n." Newt tried to get us to get up countless times.

The door was about to open. Chuck ran to get everyone, even though they had no hope they came. Then the door opened.

The only sound heard was the doors grinding across the stone floor...

No one moved til the doors fully opened...

There was no one there..

"Told you, Chuck. They're not coming back," Newt sounded numb.

My heart dropped into my stomach and I felt a way of nausea overtake me. Alby was gone he was gone.

Newt puts his hand on my shoulder "I'm sorry Y/n." He leads me away from the door.

Everyone started to walk off to get on with the day and start on chores.

"No way.."

"YEAH! YES!" I know Chucks voice when I hear it. Newt and I turn around to see Thomas and Minho carrying Alby to the door.

Jeff and I rush to Alby as they enter the glade. Laying him down as the boys ask question are question to the still conscious boys.

Hes stung..

"You saw a griever?" Chuck looked at Alby then to Thomas.

"Yeah, I saw one." Thomas was weak and out of breath. Minho continued for him.

"He didn't just see it.." he took in a breath "he killed it."

The whole crowd brought their gaze onto Thomas as they all stayed silent in shock.
They exchanged looks with one another of confusion, shock, relief. It was all a mix, some more worried then others.

"What does this mean?"

"What did it look like?"

"Are you sure it's dead?"

"How'd you kill it?"

Question were shot left and right and Jeff and I carried Alby off to the medjack hut.

We got him onto a bed and got prepared to give him the shot. We didn't think it would work after so much time had passed.

One of the builder entered "Y/n, were holding a meeting and need all keepers present."

"Jeff you got this?" He nodded to me as I jogged off with the builder.

The building was full of noise and Newt stood in the middle with Gally.

I'm gonna put the meeting in it's own part. It is gonna be a compilation of the book and movie as well as my own interpretation.
Thank you for reading!!