Chapter 1 : Why me?

Hello everyone, I'm Silver The Hedgehog, one of the many students attending Mobius High School. I have two closest friends and their names are Sonic The Hedgehog and Shadow The Hedgehog, both of them are in my class. You see, I have been friends with these two dorks since I was a little hedgie, since we were all in kindergarten. I love them, they're my bestest friends, BUT OH MY GOD I noticed that they are IN LOVE with each other since second grade of middle school and oh how frustrating it is for me to see them like this.

For almost every day I have been through so many of their bullshit. They kept pretending to be like rivals and best bros when I know very well that they wanna bang each other. HECK whenever I'm alone with Sonic he would ask me whether Shadow loves him or not! The same goes with Shadow! ARE THEY THAT DUMB OR WHAT. One time when the three of us hang out together I shouted at their faces that they love each other but since they're so dumb they only laughed at me and said I was wrong. Wanna know what happened next? Sonic and I walked home and then he dared to be angry at me and told me that I ALMOST RUIN HIS SECRET FOR BEING IN LOVE WITH SHADOW.

I can't.

I just can't.

I'm seriously going to lose my mind over my two idiot friends here.

I wish I wasn't their love advisor or something because whenever something happened between them they would come to me on their own and asked me for some advice.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see both of them get together someday, it's just the process of them getting together that's gonna make me lose my sanity.

Oh, by the way, Shadow has a twin brother and I'm dating him. His name is Mephiles The Dark. Shadow and Mephiles went to different kindergarten and elementary school, so we only just know about him when Mephiles attend the same middle school with us.

It turned out that he was in love with me. I don't know what he sees in me but he love me so much. He was very...gentle compared to Shadow and I honestly like that about him. So I returned his feelings and we started dating since the third grade of middle school, all of us are on our third year of high school now.

I asked Mephiles if he was aware about Shadow's feelings to Sonic, he said that he was aware but he just didn't care. I'm gonna have to agree with him about that, I really don't want to get involved with their relationship drama but here I am.

...
...

"Silverr!!"

I sighed as I hear Sonic screaming at the front door of my room. We all live in a dorm that the school provide for us and honestly it's very convenient.

I lazily got on my feet and approach the door, opening it to reveal Sonic looking all anxious.

"It's Sunday, peple are trying to relax"

"Silver I'm nervous!" Sonic immediately went inside my room and I sigh as I close the door.

"Oh boy, what is it this time?"

"Shadow asked me to hang out with him. What- what should I do?!" He panicked as he sit on my bed.

"Uhh...accept the offer?"

"Sh- should I? Will I look like a clingy kid if I keep hanging out with him?"

"Wh- HOW IN THE- HE ASKED-" I stop myself and take a deep breath "Shadow ASKED you if you want to hang out, that doesn't make you clingy, if you wanna be close with him accept the invitation to go out with him" I explained as carefully as I could without cursing.

"Hmm...yeah you're right" He smiled "well I guess I'm gonna-"

"Hey Silver, you got a moment?" My door is opened after a few knocks and Shadow is there.

I glance at Sonic and he look very surprised to see Shadow, when I glance back at Shadow he also seemed to be surprised that Sonic is here. Why are they so clueless at each other?

"Oh- I didn't expect you to be here" Shadow said and closed the door.

"Haha- I just got here" Sonic chuckled.

"Ah I see, well I'm just here...to...uh..."

I bet he's here because he has the same question as Sonic.

"I just wanna ask if Silver saw Mephiles anywhere" Shadow finally said and I sighed.

"He's out with his friends, Shadow, you should know since you're both in the same room" I fold my arms and he looked nervous.

"Uh- by the way! Shadow, you said you wanna go hang out, right? We can go now if you want to!" Sonic stand up and smile at Shadow.

"Oh right" He smiled "well, let's go"

Sonic nod his head before turning his head to me "see ya, Silver!" He said and walk out of my room.

MAN. Why does it feel like I have two children or something? When are they going to confess? Why am I being involved in this? Ugh, I'm tired.

I head over to my bed and lay down, I just want to relax before Monday starts. Those two always hang out together at the weekend like they're on a date, but every time it happens Sonic would for some reason ask me about unnecessary stuff.

Well, I guess it's nice to help them out get closer. I'm hoping that the two of them will be a couple before we graduate school. Heck, I hope after this hang out they will immediately hook up so they could stop bothering me!

When I already feel relaxed my phone suddenly rang and I saw Sonic's number on the screen, oh man what now?

"Hello?"

"Silver! I'm hiding in the public restroom right now at Gem Mall! Can you- can you come here?"

I sit on my bed and groaned "I thought you're only hanging out with Shadow! Why am I supposed to go there?"

"I'm so nervous! I did something stupid! I didn't look where I was going and I almost hit Shadow's face...with my face" He mumbled.

"Oh mistakes happen, Sonic!"

"Come here, please!"

"FINE DANG IT BUT YOU OWE ME"

"Yes! I'll wait for you at the second floor restroom" He said before hanging up.

I groaned tiringly and get up from my bed for the second time. I exit my room and locked the door before I head out to the mall.

This is honestly such a drag. When I said I don't mind helping them I never meant this many times in a day! They always do this! When can I get some time for myself if they keep bugging me with their relationship drama? Out of all people who could get involved, why me?