Chapter 3 : His Attention

Mephiles and I decided to sit away from our group of friends for today, we just want some time together since we're a couple and I honestly just doesn't want to be with Sonic and Shadow for a while.

"Did Sonic talk to you about something earlier?" Mephiles asked.

"Ugh. He kept throwing this small notes at me when we're in class, telling me how nervous he is to be with Shadow and this girl he don't even know! He's telling me all of this as if I would know the cure to his anxiety over his date" I fold my arms angrily and lean back on my chair.

"Don't be like that, Silver, he's only like that because he trust you so much"

I blush a little and avert my eyes away "thanks, I guess...well at least I didn't get bothered by Shadow" I sigh.

"I hope he won't bother you that much, I'll try my best to prevent him from doing that" He hold my hand and make me blush.

"Oh- th- thank you" I mumbled.

...
...

Sonic's POV

After another few hours of studying it's finally time for second break. When the teacher left the class I quickly turn myself around to talk to Silver.

"Silver I'm so nervous" I whispered.

"You're gonna be fine, it's just a small hangout in the library" He said while tidying up his table.

"But- the girl!"

"Oh she's just a random girl with the same interest as Shadow, it's not that big of a deal" He chuckled "just be there and read something you like"

We both see Shadow at the door, he is waiting for me to get up from my seat and meet him. I sigh and got up from my chair to approach Shadow.

"Heh I'm surprised you're not cancelling your plan to go with me"

He's. So. HOT. Look at that smirk! How can I cancel a plan with a hedgehog this handsome?! You must be joking with me! This random book-loving girl is stealing all that from me and I didn't even know about it until Rouge told me last night! UGH I'm so jealous.

"Well I want to prove to you that I can be just as patient as you are, reading in silent"

I have to lure Shadow's attention away from that girl at all cost. I don't want that girl to be even closer with Shadow, she might even succeed at making him fall in love with her! I don't want that! I have to make Shadow love me before we graduate!

"Well here we are, don't be too loud" He said before opening the door to the library.

"Got it" I winked.

We head inside and grab a book of our preference, picked an empty table and take our seats. I want to impress Shadow so I have this novel about an adventurer who have to solve mysteries around the world. It's a little bit of a thriller too so I kinda like it.

I sneak up a glance on Shadow and saw the seriousness on his face. He's so into his book, he's so focused on it and it even seems like the world around him doesn't exist anymore. Oh how I wish he would look at me the way he look at his book.

"Hey Shadow"

I snapped out of my daydream and saw this girl standing near our table. Shadow also put his book down and smiled at her.

"Hey, have a seat"

NOO I DON'T LIKE THIS ALREADY. This is supposed to be just me and Shadow!

"Oh hello there, I'm Helen The Wolf" She put her hand out to me to introduce herself. I slowly take her hand and shake hands with her.