Chapter 6 : Spying

It's the weekend again, I decide to fo nothing and just lay in bed with my phone. Of course I'd expect either Sonic or Shadow to come barge in because they love to include me in their relationship problem which could've been solver years ago if they just confessed to each other.

"Silver!!"

And I was right. Sonic is outside, knocking on my door as if the world is ending. I got up and finally unlocked the door.

"What now? Aren't you supposed to be with Shadow in the weekend?" I groaned.

"He- he has plans with someone else! Help me figure who this mobian is!" He walk inside my room and closed the door.

"Well...it's not like you're the only friend he has?" I raise my brow and put my hands on my hips.

He whined like a child and throw himself on my bed. He bury his face on my pillow and continue to whine and groan, honestly he looks like a deppressed teenager. I sighed and sit on the edge of the bed.

"Fine fine, I'll help" I pat his back and he turn his face to me.

"Really?! Aww Silver!"

"Ow! Hey!" I struggled when he pulled me for a hug which caused me to lay on the bed with him.

"But how do I know where to find him?" He said while still holding me. I got myself off from his grip and got up to take my phone I left on the desk.

"Well why don't we just ask him?"

"Wait!" He sat up "wouldn't it be suspicious?" He asked.

"Coming from me, no. From you, yes" I said and he pout at me.

I don't immediately ask where he is, first I make an excuse about wanting to meet him or something then he'll reply that he's somewhere else. Then I ask where he currently is and that's when I have my answer.

"He's in Hexa District with Rouge" I said.

"Oh...okay" he sigh in relief, but he looked like he realized something bad and stare at me in shock "wait! What if all this time Shadow has a crush on Rouge?!"

I facepalmed.

"There's no way he has a crush on her! Besides, Rouge already have her own crush from class 3-C! You know that" I stated but he still look very unconvinced.

"Maybe Shadow decided to seduce her?! That's why he's going out with her?!"

"God, you overthink too much!" I scold him "tell me, do you really think someone as good as Shadow would do something like that? Seducing someone to become his?"

"Yes"

I facepalmed again.

"Fine, come on, let's go spy on them then you can see for yourself that they're just friends" I grumbled and he happily follow me from behind.

....
....

We made it to Hexa District, it's pretty crowded since this area is known for businesses and jobs and stuff like that.

"I wonder why the two of them go here? This is not a place we high schoolers would usually go to" I said.

"Maybe...they have part-time job?" Sonic shrugged.

We keep looking around and finally spot Shadow and Rouge sitting inside a bar.

"They drink? I mean we're already 18 but...seriously?" I questioned.

"No, look, there are no drinks on the table" Sonic pointed.

We can't really hear what the two are talking about with the bartender, we just hide behind a bench by the sidewalk and stare through the glass window. Eventually the two exit the bar and start talking to each other.

"Ugh I'm so curious...what exactly are they doing?" Sonic whispered and I shrugged.

Shadow and Rouge walk away and we sneakily follow them. To our shock, we saw them going inside a building where we know is not meant for teenagers. They are visiting G.U.N's HQ, one of the most powerful military force in this place. From there, we can't exactly get closer or get in because the security might ask for our identity.

"What the hell are they doing in there?" Sonic questioned confusingly.

"It doesn't look like they're in trouble..." I sighed "we've been friends with Shadow for a long time and this is the first I've seen him going to a place like this"

"Oh no, maybe they really are on a date!" Sonic suddenly said in panic.

"What kind of couple would go on a date in a military base?!" I questioned loudly.

"I don't know!" Sonic shouted and I facepalmed.

We decide to wait for the two to come out, we thought it'd be just a quick tour but turns out Sonic and I have been waiting here for an hour.

"That's it, I'm going home" I said.

"No! Wait! We have to find answers on why Shadow is in there with Rouge!" Sonic grab my hand and pull me back.

"I'd rather do nothing in my room than doing nothing outside! I'm bored out here!" I complained.

"Oh come on Silver! Just stay for a while longer!"

"This is such bull- wait there they are" I said and quickly pull Sonic over as we hide behind a tree.

Shadow and Rouge both hold a piece of paper, they have another conversation before finally making their leave. Sonic and I followed them again and judging from the way and direction we're going to, it seems that we're going back to our dorm.

"You know what, let's just confront them. I'm super curious right now" I take Sonic's hand and drag him with me.

"Silver! Wait-"

"Hey guys!" I shout and caught their attention.

"Silver? Sonic? Where have you guys been?" Shadow asked.

"Strolling around. I actually went to visit my uncle that works at Crystal Palm Tree Inc. You know, the one in Hexa District?" I said and Sonic look so confused.

"Ohh I know that place! That's cool, your uncle works there?" Rouge ask and I nodded.

"We both happen to see you went in G.U.N's base, what were you two doing there?" I asked.

Sonic have this realizition in his face and made a relieved sigh. He must have thought I was going to tell them that we were spying on them.

"We're doing a little overview of the place, Rouge and I are planning to apply there once we graduate" Shadow explained.

Sonic and I got surprised, we really didn't expect for him to give us that answer. I mean, Shadow thinking about his future carreer seems like nothing new and I shouldn't have been surprised.

"Wow, really? That sounds amazing!" I smiled.

"Thanks, planning to go there is not easy but I'm glad Shadow and I have the same carreer choice in mind" Rouge chuckled.

"Are you okay, Sonic?" Shadow suddenly ask.

I turn my head to the right and just noticed that Sonic is covering his muzzle with his hands. He looks so flustered.

"That's...wow" he mumbled "you in a military? That's just...it just makes you ten times cooler"

Pssh. I bet he wanted to say 'hotter'.

Shadow also blush and he cleared his throat from being nervous and shy "t-thanks Sonic"

"So Shadow, got anymore plans?" I asked and he shook his head "well maybe you can tell more about your future job with Sonic! He has too much free time" I said, patting on Sonic's back.

"Oh- sure, why not?" Shadow said "here Silver, can you take this to my room and tell Mephiles to keep it on my drawer?"

"Of course" I smiled and take the paper from his hand.

"Come on Shadow! Tell me all about it!" Sonic grab both of hus hands as the two soon-to-be-couple walk away.