Chapter 12: Turmoil

Shuji wasn't the same. Chihaya couldn't see the Hanma she once knew anymore. She watched as Hanma beat up some guys that just bumped into him with a grin on his face. They were bleeding out and she couldn't fight Hanma he was much stronger then her. Once he was done she leaned on the wall as he sat on the defeated gangsters.

"...You're different..." Chihaya said and Hanma looked over at her.

"Shuji-san....no, Hanma. I thought I could understand or stop you, but I can't.." She started and Hanma hopped off the gangster's bodies pinning Chihaya to the wall with his arm over her head.

"I'm....a member of Toman Hanma...I have to go." She tried to leave, but he grabbed her arm.

"Wait..." He was irked, how could she say this kind of stuff to him.

"I'm thankful, I will always be grateful for what you did for me in the past, but you're too....... cruel," Hanma pulled Chihaya towards him and she avoided looking him in the eyes.

"Chi-chan...Chihaya, Look at me." He grabbed her face forcing her to face him. An image of the little boy who always saved her back them popped up in her mind. The person she was looking at now...was simply not him.

"I-I'm Sorry..." She pushed him away from her and stayed with her Hands on his chest. "Nothing is the same anymore." She finally choked out before backing up and eventually picking up the pace to run. Goodbye Shuji the next time we meet we will be enemies for good this time.

Chihaya ran and continued to run, far from her past...far from every thing.

------------------------

Chifuyu and Baji noticed Chihaya running on the level below the bridge. Baji had just finished talking to Takemitchy and Chifuyu was just waiting for Takemitchy to come back.

"Chihaya?" Baji unconsciously spoke at her running figure. He thought she was with Hanma. Chifuyu left with Takemitchy and turned back slightly relieved that Baji walked in the direction they saw Chihaya running.

"Huff....huff..." Chihaya was exhausted, she seemed to have been running for quite a bit of time until she accidentally crashed into someone and fell down.

"Oof" 

"Sorry young lady are you al...right?" A hand reached out to her and she looked up. Her heart dropped into her stomach.

'ba-dump'

'ba-dump ba-dump'

'ba-dump ba-dump ba-dump'

'No way'

'Why'

'After all this time'

It was father....with the same lab coat. Green eyes, brown hair and a smile you couldn't doubt.

"Wait...aren't you?"  Chihaya's heart was pounding hard and her ears were ringing. She had to get out of here, she had to run....her legs and body refused to listen to her as she could only look at the man in fear.  His eyes went soft as he knelt down to her level and spoke beside her ear.

"Chihaya~ I've missed you~" Her father hugged her. From outside it seemed like a warm hug, but Chihaya could feel nothing but fear. It was cold, she wanted to run. Her legs were jelly she couldn't escape.

"N-o..stop," With some strength she pushed against the mans shoulder who looked shocked before smiling sinisterly at Chihaya's face riddled in fear. Her pathetic and defenceless self.  She was a prey fallen into the trap of her predator. 

"Say~ do you want to come back with me?" He dragged his finger along Chihaya's jaw and forced her to look into his eyes before his hand traced down to her collar. Tears were forcing themselves outside her eyes as she broke out in cold sweat.He pulled the collar down to reveal. 

"You'll come home with me.....right?" He leaned down to look her directly in the eyes. Chihaya's eyes looked down to his in fear shaking she clenched her teeth. "A. 1. 0. 9?"

"No...No.." She tried to break out of his grasp, but all she could do was weakly kick her trembling legs only adding to the sadistic mans delight as his grin got bigger.

"No? What do you mean no? Chihaya come home with papa~ Ray is waiting for you~" He laughed and Chihaya felt pathetic. She couldn't move or refuse him. It was night so the streets were now empty as the man pulled something out of his lab coat pocket. Chihaya's eyes darted away from him.

"Here's a present~ From Ray~" Chihaya slowly looked at whatever he was holding before covering her mouth. She screamed into her hands, or at least tried. But all that came out was a wheeze.  Tears were now pouring out of her eyes.

"Now..let's go!" He grabbed Chihaya up by her arm as she struggled to get away clawing at the ground since her legs refused to work.

"S..stop Let me go... Please.." Nobody was going to hear her. It was late and nobody even spared her a glance as they allowed the trembling girl to be taken away. Her eyes began to darken as she struggled.

Was this it?

Hanma....Mikey...Somebody!

"WHAM!" She suddenly fell to the ground again as she looked to see what had happened. 

"YOU BASTARD WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?!" It was Baji and he was pissed. Her father clenched his cheek before spitting out a tooth as his bangs shadowed his eyes.

"Tch!" He ticked before smiling brightly again and looking at Baji. "A friend I see.....Chihaya you've gotten smarter, I'll see you again." With that her father left and Baji ran towards Chihaya to check on her.

"CHIHAYA! ARE YOU OKAY WHO WAS THAT?!" His facade died as Baji was genuinely worried, he wiped away Chihaya's tear stained face. She grimaced. She was still shaking, but she couldn't cause more trouble for Baji. She smiled and got up only to almost fall down again, but Baji caught her.

"I-I'm fine Keisuke...Really," She pushed herself off him. She didn't know what to say. Had he seen it all? Anyways she needs to hurry back home.....her legs...she still couldn't feel them...She fell back onto Baji.

"S..sorry Keisuke...I can't feel my legs...Could you take me home?" She clenched his Valhalla uniform before passing out. Without any other choice really Baji put her on his back and covered her with his Jacket so she didn't get even more soaked by the rain. On the way back he could feel her tremors as whether it was the rain or if it was tears seeping through his clothes. 

"..stop...please..." She was muttering in her sleep. He's known Chihaya for 5 years pretty much and he still feels like he knows nothing about her when she knows everything about everyone including himself.

"Chihaya....If I said....I wanted to be with you...what would you do..?" He whispered under his breath before reaching Mikey's house and ringing the doorbell. Thankfully it was their grandfather who opened the door as he let Baji in to give her to Emma.

"What happened?" Their grandfather asked and Baji sighed.

"She...She just had a long day..." Without another word he left the household before anyone significant noticed he was there.