1] Goodbye

-Disclaimer-
I do not own any of the characters, they belong to DC and Rick Riordan respectively

-Warning-
This takes place mostly in Gotham... what do you expect? This story contains;
-Cussing
-Mentions of abuse
-Mention of drugs/drinking
-Sex trafficking
-Descriptive gore
-Mature themes

Events and characters will be altered
<so don't come at me for it>

-Credit-
@night_fallz is the genius that came up with the concept of the first two chapters as well as the reason I started this at three in the morning...haha thanks for that;)

Finally last but not least....don't rush me!!!
Rushing me makes me lose all motivation people, at the end of the day this is my book and my time I'm taking up to write said book
Thanks for understanding:)

Enjoy~

____________________

"I'm done."
Those words spilled from her lips, the force behind them built from years of hurt, trauma and frustration.
Yet those two words with so much emotion beneath them were met with laughter. A chuckle went throughout the room, one that only a lone silver archer and a small girl cloaked in brown were not included in the resounding giggle.

"Oh Percy dear, you can't be serious." It was Aphrodite that spoke, her voice was light and sung with mirth.
Though who could blame her? The two-time saviour of Olympus and the most loyal little girl had just quit.

Before the demigod could put more words to her frustrations, Ares let out a deep chuckle. "Little cousin, you really expect us to let you walk away?"
Somehow, his words broke her. Deep in her chest, she felt her heart tear into two. The pain almost made her gasp yet she managed to keep her expression stoic.
Was this truly who the great Olympian gods were? Dictators who cared for their own blood as much as they would a promising ox?

Fearing what she would find, she found herself glancing timidly over to her father. The great Poseidon, god of the sea and lord of horses, bringer of storms and earth shaker.
Surely he would defend his only demigod daughter.
The sight she was met with shredded what was left of her heart.

Her father didn't even have the decency to even look sheepish as he nodded in agreement at his nephew's words.
So she was just a tool to him, a weapon to be used.
Very well.

It hurt more than it should have.

Sensing her raising anger that threatened to burst from her sorrow, Percy rigidly bowed to the gods before her, not meaning the formality in the slightest.

If any of them had objections to her leaving without dismissal, none voiced it as she swiftly removed herself from their presence.

The large doors closed behind her with a boom and suddenly the tears that had refused to fall just seconds ago were clouding her vision.
Percy raised her hand to her lips, a familiar whistle sounding out as she called her faithful companion.
A sob wracked her body as she hurried down the steps, missing the last one she found herself tumbling forward only the be caught by a large black figure.

Hey boss, what happened?

Despite everything, she found herself smiling at the friendly voice.
"Hello, Blackjack." She ignored his question as she blindly slid over his back, her hand resting comfortably in his mane. "Can you take me home?"

Of course, boss.

She was thankful that the pegasus sensed her distress and had toned down his usual chatter.
The flight was brief and silent.

Once Blackjack had positioned himself beside the fire escape just outside her window, she leapt from his back and with a single wave disappeared inside.

-

"You really expect us to let you walk away?"

Ares's words echoed in my mind and deep down I knew they were true. The gods would never let me leave, not until their faithful little puppet broke and was of no more use.
If I was sent on just one more quest that may just happen, I was done watching friends die.

They wouldn't let me leave and that's why I wasn't giving them a choice.

Acting out of reflex more then anything else, I begun shoving clothes, weapons, ambrosia, cash and anything else I would need for a prolonged vacation into my backpack.
I was leaving, I had no other choice.

Only when I stood with my tightly stuffed bag in my hand did my actions fully register in my brain.
Placing my hand on my door knob I paused.

On the other side of the door the sounds of Paul watching TV, Estelle blabbering almost to herself about whatever had transpired at her preschool today and mom...mom.

Sally Jackson, a woman too good for this world, laughed loudly at something my little sister said.
Something dawned on me in that moment and dread snakes it's way around my heart, threatening to crush what was left of it to nothingness.

Mom wouldn't let me leave.
She'd try to talk me out of it.
And she would succeed.

I couldn't stay, that I was sure of...so of it meant I couldn't say a final goodbye to my mother? So be it.

My hand dropped from the door knob before moving over to my desk and grabbing a sheet of paper.
Painstakingly, I wrote out a final goodbye to my mom.

Hey mom,

I love you, you know that rigth? I'm sorry for worrying you but I have to laeve, I promise I'll be fine.
If anyeno asks just tell them the truth, you don't know wheer I am.

Love Percy

It was short but that was all the dyslexia could manage at the moment. Placing the paper obviously on the desk, I stepped back and surveyed my room.
When would I see it next?
And in what circumstance?
I wiped those thoughts from my mind, now wasn't the time.

Forcing myself not to look back for fear of rethinking my actions, I stepped out of my window and hurried down the fire escape.
A pressure building in my chest that I wasn't quite sure of.

Pausing in the alleyway to collect my thoughts, I shifted the weight on my back.

I needed to be smart about this. In a few hours the entire mythical world would be looking for me.
Where could I go without fear of a demigod stumbling on me? Where could I simply fade into the surrounding chaos?
I felt the blood drain from my face as realization dawned on me.

Gotham City.

-•-

Please read!!!!

This has been sitting in my drafts for a while now, the next couple chapter are done but I want to complete more of the story before I post them
I want to finish Daddy Issues before I actually seriously start working on it
(So the next update will probably be in a bit, this is more of a teaser.)

Yes I am still working on Family Ties, it's been slow though

If you've read some of my stories before you know I prefer to write in third person, but for this I'm going to try first person just to capture more emotion (etc)
So we'll see how this goes haha
I just need to push myself out of my comfort zone more