3] Awkward Interactions

___________________

"You aren't really going to sleep there are you, miss?"

Just like that, Percy's good mood evaporated like fucking magic.
She had observed that there was an apartment building right beside the rooftop she had claimed as her sleeping spot for tonight.
What she hadn't thought about was the possibility that the tenants in the building would be so nosy.

Opening her eyes, she turned to face the voice with a glare and her head propped up against her arm.

The voice belonged to a teen around her age—who she had to admit was rather good-looking.
But at that moment, he could have been a nude male version of Aphrodite and Percy wouldn't have batted an eye.
"Why yes, indeed I was. It's so good to know you have eyes."

Blinking owlishly at her, the teen seemed to observe her for a minute. The frown on his face far too deep for anyone his age.

"You remind me of my brother." He grumbled, still deep in thought.

The comment was so random—as well as uncalled for—that Percy actually laughed. "What? Is he your favourite brother or something?"

The green-eyed teen scrunched his nose in distaste. "No, in fact, he has attempted to snuff out my life multiple times in the past."

"Oh." Sucks to suck.

The two stared at each other for a bit longer before Percy finally decided to roll over and ignore him. "Well, nice talking to you. Goodbye and good night."

There was a beat of silence and Percy sighed in relief, he had left.

...

"..Do you want to sleep here tonight?"

The unexpected question—along with the absurdity—made Percy turn to stare at him blankly with a raised brow.
Wasn't this Gotham? Was he an idiot?

"What?!"

She really wasn't worried at all for her own safety. Percy was, after all, very capable of defending herself.
Besides, being friends with a Hunter of Artemis had its perks. Namely, learning how to hid a body.

"Do you wish to—"

"I heard what you said!" She couldn't hide the exasperation in her voice. What in Hades was this dude's problem?

"Oh." The teen looked away, his cheeks flushing slightly. "Why did you say 'what' then?"

All Percy could do was stare at him blankly. Was he truly this stupid?

"This is Gotham."

Once again he scrunched his nose in distaste. "I am well aware."

"So why is a pretty boy like you asking a gorgeous chick like me if she wants to spend the night with you?"

"If you prefer to sleep on the roof, just say so plainly!" The boy chastised as if she was the one acting 'unbecoming'.

"I don't want to—fuck it.." she trailed off with a huff, snatching up her bag from under her. Stomping over to the edge of the rooftop, she motioned to the boy with her hand.

"What?"

"Hold out your hand, dipshit."

He complied without question, sending her a look of annoyance at the name as he loosely hung his arm out.
"Simply what are you—" he cut off with a sharp breath as Percy flung herself across the distance between the two buildings.

Her outstretched hand met thin air and for one heart-pounding moment, Percy realized she probably should have explained what she was doing first.
At least it's not five stories.
But then a strong hand caught her own, halting her decent as she suddenly—due to the glorious force known as gravity—lurched forward.
Into a brick wall.

"Ouch." She hissed through her teeth. A fiery pain shot up the arm that had slammed into the wall.

She dangled there for a moment, a dazed smile on her face as she appreciated the fact that no she hadn't fallen and broken both her legs.

There was a soft tsk sound from above, followed by a muttered, "you imbecile," before Percy was smoothly hoisted up.

A golden glow illuminated the demigod's face as she hooked her other arm around the window sill, ignoring the flare of searing pain the pressure brought with it. The apartment was clean and tidy, so much so that it could be described as Spartan. There was not a single touch of personalization, as if the boy that stood before her didn't live here at all.

"Nice place.." she complimented, still dangling out the window with but her elbows hooked on the sill, "very..tidy."

He scoffed at that, large hands surprisingly gentle as he hoisted her up the rest of the way by her shoulders and placed her on the ground.
"I have been here only a week, I would need to be a pig to have cluttered the space by now." Standing before him, Percy only now realized large the teen was.
The top of her head barely reached the height of his shoulders and his body itself was over twice the size of hers. If Percy was buff, this man was jacked to Hades.
Male Aphrodite indeed.

Percy awkwardly shuffled on her feet, a forced smile on her lips as she nodded overly enthusiastically, "yeah, I can't imagine how some people manage to leave in such a mess." Sarcasm heavily dripped off her every word but the boy only nodded seriously at her words. If they were in a church Percy could picture him saying amen.

They stared at each other for a minute, neither knowing what to say or do.

"Damian." He offered without warning, his hand held out.

A chuckle escaped her lips, handshake forgotten as she laughed, "that is a splendidly outrageous name, and it suits you perfectly."

There was a delightful twitch of a nerve just above his temple, as Damian took a deep breath. His intense green eyes stared at her in pure exasperation.
"And tell, what is your name, miss?"

"Percy."

"..Percival?"

A look of deep disgust twisted on the dark-haired teen's face. "Gods no, it's Perseus."

Her correction was met with a snort as Damian struggled to hide his amusement.

"What?"

"Pot, Kettle."

-

If y'all cuties have any head cannons speak now
//ideas are welcome ;))