2] Nothing Like the Smell of Piss

I very quickly gave up writing from the first pov haha

_____________________

Gotham City was known as a mythical blackout, with no monsters, no demigods.
Why?
A city doesn't just become the crime capital of the world for no reason. The city itself was so dark and twisted that sometimes reality was better than a lie.
In other words;
No mist.

Sure, it would offer me the most excellent opportunity to disappear, but only because no demigod would be stupid enough to venture there.

With no mist, one would have to be forced to live completely as a mortal. Usually, that wouldn't be a problem, in fact, it would be relatively easy. But living in a city such as Gotham and not using powers without dying?
That, was pretty hard.
Especially with the bi-monthly crazed clown breakouts.

Gazing out at the gloomy city just coming into view, I frowned, the intercom on the train now announcing our rapid approach to the city.

Apollo and Zeus must really hate Gotham for one city to be so void of light even at noon.

-

Stepping from the train with a heavy sigh, I took a big whiff of the city I would now be calling home for the foreseeable future and nearly gagged. The familiar smell of weed and piss far too strong for my nose.

"Home sweet home." I mumbled to myself halfheartly as I stepped out into the street.
Now all I had to do was secure a place to stay.
Piece of cake.

-

A fun little piece of information that Percy learned, was the fact that the shitty apartments close to the train station, were ridiculously expensive compared to the shitty apartments twenty blocks away because there was a ten percent decrease in your likelihood of getting shot in that part.

So after her delightful little walk from the station, her emotionally exhausted self was more than ready to rent an apartment on the spot and sleep on the floor no matter how dirty.
Upon entering the nearest apartment building that looked like it might collapse in the next year, Percy was greeted with an elderly lady sitting at a wooden table that look like the less-friendly version of the old lizard from 'Sing'.

"How old are you?" Somehow she managed to ask with a frown on her face that almost reached her chin.

"A mature seventeen." Percy leaned forward, a smirk on her lips as she flashed the woman a couple twenties. "But I've been mistaken for being in my early twenties," she added with a wink.
The lady didn't even twitch an eye, she simply stared at Percy with an unimpressed look that could give Dionysus a run for his money.

"Get out."

Percy blinked owlishly at the woman before her. "Wha-what? I'm the legal age, aren't I?"

"Get out."

The demigod scowled at the woman. "Can you at least tell me why?"

In response, the woman just stared up at her, before raising a hand and pointing towards the door.

Begrudgingly, Percy dragged her feet and stepped out of the dishevelled lobby. "I didn't even tell her why I was there." She mumbled as she glanced around.
Somehow, the building she had just stepped out of, was the nicest one on the block. Judging by the pimps and the other rather shady fellows leaning against the crumbling brick walls perhaps moving to Gotham wasn't one of her best ideas.

Rethinking her life decisions, as well as her sanity, Percy readjusted her search.
Gotham was known for its dangerous streets right? Why not crash on a roof tonight?
It wasn't like she had to fear getting wet, besides, at least she would be mostly safe tonight.
Smiling to herself, Percy headed down the street yet again.

She kept her head low and ignored anyone that called out after her. Yes, she was absolutely spanking hot but she didn't need a fifty-year-old crack-head telling her that. Thank you very much.

Passing an electronic store with barred windows, Percy glanced at the time. It was approaching two in the morning.
Deciding this was as far as she'd get from the sketchy side of town without entering Diamond District—all of Gotham was sketchy anyway—she headed towards the nearest alley in hopes of finding a pipe she could climb or—better yet—a fire escape.

It was her lucky day it seemed, although there was no fire escape there was a beautiful pipe covered in a substance that Percy didn't even want to think about what it was.

Forcing a grin to her face, she readjusted the bag on her back before hauling herself up the four-story office building, pretending the guck was chocolate syrup.
Because that's totally what it is.

Finally reaching the top, she wiped the 'chocolate syrup' on her pants, then scowled.
Now her pants were gross.
Lovely.

The roof was bare and it looked as though not many people had been on it before.
Good.

Glancing up at the sky Percy frowned, it looked as though it might rain—granted it always looked like it was going to rain in Gotham but still. Deciding that she didn't exactly have anywhere else to go, Percy spread out her blanket on the rough roof, throwing her bag down as a pillow. She took a knife and laid it beneath her 'pillow' as a precaution.

She laid down with a heavy sigh. Today had been a long day and in all honesty Percy still found it hard to believe that she had actually left, she had finally said no.

A small laugh escaped her throat.
She was free of the gods.

At that moment her heart soared and for the first time in a long time she took a big breath of the highly polluted air and Percy only tasted freedom.
At that moment, she wasn't on the rocky roof if a gods' for saken city, instead she was in paradise.

With a smile on her face the demigod daughter of Poseidon closed her tired eyes. A stupid grin on her lips.

Nothing could ruin her good mood.

"You aren't really going to sleep there, are you, miss?"

-•-