•three•

"all the things i didnt mean to say
i didnt mean to do
there were things you didnt need to say
did you mean to?"

richie tozier woke up to the sound of his alarm screaming at him to get up. he groaned slowing getting up out of his bed.
he slugged his way over to the mirror in his room taking a hard look at himself.
he looked terrible.
he knew it was his lack of sleep last night. he just couldnt stop thinking about eddie.
stupid eddie.
who are you kidding richie you're the stupid one. you just probably messed up years worth of friendship. and for what?
richie wasn't even sure what happened. he didn't know what came over him yesterday. eddie his best friend only person he could truly trust.
and he ruined it. he ruined all of it. god richie you're such an idiot.
richie sighed picking out an outfit for the day. he looked at the bright yellow hawaiian shirt in his hands. he remembers the day two years ago when eddie gave him this shirt for his birthday.
richie put the shirt on with a pair of blue jeans. he quickly ran his hands through his curly head of hair trying to look a little more presentable.
he walked over to his nightstand grabbing his walkman and walking out his room closing the door behind him.

richie pulled up to school on his bike. he parked his bike and started waking towards the school with his head down.
"hey rich!"
richie turned his head towards the sound and smiled.
"oh hey parker"
parker jogged over to richie and smiled "soo how did you sleep"
"i slept alright" richie lied knowing he barely even slept last night since he could only think of his argument with eddie.
"you alright rich?" parker questioned waving his hand in front of richie's face.
richie shook his head "yeah i great" he turned his head to parker and smiled.
the two stared at each other for a second before being interrupted.
"sup richie" beverly smiled slinging her arm across richie's shoulders.
"well hello to you too ms marsh"
"soo how about you introduce me to your friend here" bev smiled
"oh right" richies cleared his throat. "this right here is king parker. hm king parker please meet ms beverly marsh." richie stated in his best british accent.
bev laughed and stuck out her hand for parker.
"hello parker i'm beverly but you can call me bev"
parker smiled and shook bev's hand.
"nice to meet you"
all three turned their head to the sound of the bell ringing.
"well looks like i've got to go see you later rich, and nice to meet you parker" beverly smiled and walked off.
"well i guess it's time for first period" richie groaned as he and parker headed towards the school.
as they were pushing through the crowd of people in the hallways richie accidentally bumped into someone and knocked down their books.
"oh i'm so sorry" richie look down at the books on the floor
"no i'm sorr-"
richie looked up and was met with eddie kaspbrak's face.
they both started at each other not knowing what to say.
"hey rich we have to get to first period come on" parker slapped richies back.
richie shook his head and looked at parker "y-yeah sorry"
richie look back at eddie once again before walking off to first period leaving eddie by himself.
asshole eddie thought before picking up his books and heading to first period.

richie had survived first period with the help of parker who helped him forget all about eddie.
richie was headed to second perido which he was dreading. his first class with eddie.
he didn't know where they stood. richie didn't know if he should apologize or if eddie would. richie thought maybe he should apologize.
no why couldn't he just be happy for you
richie was frustrated and just wanted to not speak to eddie at all and for their problems to go away.
"richie you need to stop running from your problems"
isn't that what eddie had said to him the day before? richie tried to clear his head and walked into the classroom. he sat in his and realized eddie wasn't in the desk next to him. he looked around till seeing him at the teachers desk.
he wondered what he was doing there and tried to listen in.
"yeah it's just i cant really see from my seat anymore and i would like to move"
move seats?
"luckily for you eddie there is an open sit in the front you can move there but if you have any problems there let me know"
"thank you so much mrs. chang" eddie turned around to be meet with richies eyes which showed confusion.
eddie took a deep breath and sat in his new seat.
richie scoffed
im the one running from my problems. me? yeah whatever
both teens tried to pay attention but couldn't stop thinking about each other. neither knew what to do or what to say. so they didn't do anything.

a/n i haven't updated in forever and randomly got the motivation. sorry it's short but it's something😁