Chapter 2 - Meeting Caroline

It's been a few days since Hayley and I arrived in Mystic Falls and Tyler was good enough to let us crash at his place since we were homeless for the time being. Tyler and his friends are being plagued by some douche vampire hunter. Right now, he's got a bunch of hostages hold up at the Mystic Grill and Klaus has ordered some of his hybrids to go in and deal with him.

I stood in the hallway and listened to Tyler and Dean arguing. Tyler was trying to convince Dean not to obey Klaus because it was dangerous but he's still sired to Klaus, which means he'll do whatever the dick says.

"This is a bad idea," Tyler said, following Dean as they left my sight.

Suddenly, I saw a girl with blonde hair walk in and when she looked at me, she was clearly confused and surprised.

"Oh my God," she whispered.

"You know it's rude to stare at people," I told her, annoyed.

She shook her head. "I'm sorry, it's just you look a lot like someone I know."

I rolled my eyes, not again. I was gonna say something snarky but Hayley walked in.

"Hey, any luck with Dean?"

"Who are you?" Blondie asked Hayley.

"Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Caroline."

I nodded my head, understanding now. "Oh, you're Tyler's girl and best friend of Elena Gilbert. I heard that we look alike but we're not related."

"Tyler told us about you, I'm Hayley and this is Nina."

I gave Caroline a sarcastic wave.

"Well, that's pretty crazy because I haven't heard a thing about you two."

"We've been staying here a few days," I told her as I looked around Caroline into the room that Tyler and Dean were currently in.

"Excuse me?" Caroline was clearly uneasy about that fact, maybe a little threatened?

Knowing where this conversation was going, I decided to skip on the teen drama. "I'm gonna see if I can knock some sense into Dean," the next two words I whispered to Hayley. "Good luck."

"We needed a place to crash," Hayley told her. "Ty's a buddy, he was kind enough to offer."

I walked into the room where Tyler and Dean were. "Dean, you don't need to do this."

"Stay out of this, Nina. I'm going," he said, determined.

I heard Hayley and Caroline walked in behind me.