Chapter 5 - 12 Hybrids

Now that Kim is free from the sire bond, we were working on the next hybid, Adrian. He screamed as he turned, chained in the barn with Hayley, Kim, Tyler and I watching him.

"Please, no more. I can't," he panted.

"Yes, you can," Tyler told him. "Lock out the pain."

Adrian groaned as he forced himself to turn, breaking more bones.

"That's enough," Kim said, walking over to her hybrid friend. "This is torture."

"He can't stop, he needs to finish," Hayley told Kim.

"Not today he doesn't," she started to unchain him.

"Yes, today," I said. "Nate, Dean and Chris are dead, which makes Adrian his right-hand man. We can't let Adrian anywhere near Klaus until his sire bond is completely broken."

"Nina's right," Tyler said, blocking their path. "The bond isn't broken until he doesn't feel the pain of transformation anymore. If we want to get back at Klaus for everything he's done to us. Adrian has to keep turning."

"He doesn't have to do anything," Kim told us, defiantly. "Isn't that the point of breaking the sire bond? Free will? Let's go, Adrian."

I looked at Hayley and Tyler, incredulously. Great, now what?

~*~*~

Hayley and I broke into Shane's office and now we were searching his desk. I heard the door open and looked up to see Shane.

"Trespassing, breaking and entering, all before noon?"

"We're having trouble breaking Adrian," I informed him.

"Don't worry about it, you already got the 12 hybrids I need."

"We have eleven," Hayley corrected. "I told you, Tyler Lockwood isn't part of the deal."

Now he stood behind his desk and we were on the other side, with our backs to the door.

"Well, now we have eleven hybrids, you deliver me 12 without loyalties to Klaus or your friend, Tyler is fair game."

I leaned towards him, my eyes hard. "You haven't held up your end of the bargain."

Shane laughed before reaching into his pocket and holding a flash drive. "Everything you want to know about both of your biological parents and it's encoded in case either of you are thinking of a smash and grab. Just bring me 12 unsired hybrids and you guys can have it."

I gave Shane a curt nod before walking out the door, Hayley right behind me. I hate what I'm doing to Tyler but this is my chance at finding my real family and I will do whatever it takes to get that flash drive.