Chapter 6 - Meeting Katherine

After looking at the flash drive, I discovered that I had an older brother who lived in Louisiana and that was also where my parents were buried. So I decided that I had spent enough time in Mystic Falls, Hayley didn't need my help in getting the hybrids sacrifced and I really didn't want to stay here longer than I have to.

I was in the middle of packing my bags when I heard a knock, I turned around and saw it was Hayley.

"Hey," I gave her a small smile.

"Were you planning on saying goodbye before you took off?" She asked.

"Of course," I told her. "You're my best friend, Hayley. I wouldn't just ditch you."

"But that's exactly what you're doing, we haven't even finished what we came here to do."

"I have. I only came here to find out about my family and now that I have, it's time for me to go. Besides, you don't need me to finish the job. You can do that by yourself."

Hayley sighed. "Well, since I can't convince you to stay, can I ask a favor?"

"Sure," I nodded.

"If you find out anything about my family, call me."

I smiled at her. "I will."

When I had finished packing, Hayley and I said our goodbyes.

"See you around, Chase," she wrapped her arms around me.

"Bye, Hayley," I hugged her back.

I walked downstairs and headed for the front door while she went to help Tyler. When I opened the door, I saw the last person I wanted to see standing on the other side.

"Leaving so soon, little wolf," Klaus said, his british accent causing goosebumps.

I wasn't scared of him, not in the least. It was an involuntary reaction to his presence and I had hoped to get out of town without seeing him but that wasn't possible now.

"Well, if it isn't the person I never wanted to see," I said, not bothering to hide my contempt.

"Still bitter about Chris, I see."

"Don't," I warned.

Klaus smirked at me in amusement. "Where is your friend. Hayley?"

"And what makes you think I'm gonna tell you?"

"I admire your bravery, wolf girl."

"It's easy to be brave when you hate someone," I told him.