Chapter 7 - Hooking Up with Klaus

It's been almost two months since I made the deal with Katherine and we learned that the Hunter had killed an Original to complete his mark, which means they were on their way to the island where Silas is buried and so were we.

It was a long way to Nova Scotia, especially in a car with an annoying vampire and boy, was I glad when it was over. We stole a boat, so we could actually get to the island and there was another boat on the shore when we arrived.

"Looks like they're already here," I told Katherine as I grabbed my bag.

"Great, then we better move because there is no way that Elena is getting that cure before I do."

I just rolled my eyes. "Do you seriously think Klaus will even consider giving you your freedom? I mean, he doesn't seem like the forgiving type to me."

"So where on this god forsaken island is this guy Silas buried?" She asked, changing the subject.

"How should I know?" I replied. "I've never been here before."

"That's great, Nina. You know how to get to the island but you don't know how to find the cure?"

"Hey, I got us this far. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't even know about any of this."

Katherine rolled her eyes and started walking ahead of me. I followed and it didn't take Katherine long to find out where Shane and his group were. One of the perks of being a vampire, she can hear basically everything.

Before walking into the cave up ahead, we saw some dude walking out with a big stone, Katherine rushed forward and attacked him, draining him of all his blood.

"Wait here," she told me before disappearing.

"Fine," I crossed my arms and waited.

The only reason I was still on this island was because I am Katherine's ride and we had a deal, I help her obtain the cure and she'd help me find my family.

A few minutes later, she reappeared with something in her hand and a huge grin on her face. "Let's go."

We quickly got off the island and went back to civilization

~*~*~

That is the last time I make a deal with Katherine Pierce, I thought, angrily as I walked out of the store.

Ever since we parted ways, I've felt like I was being followed and it turns out that I'm the target of a vampire minion of Katherine's. Apparently, she doesn't care about honoring the deal we made as long as she got what she wanted, which was the Cure.

Now I'm left with nothing as usual. When I figured out that I was being followed by a vampire, I called Klaus. How dd I get his number? I swiped it from Dean's phone before he got himself killed.