One Last Time (Natasha x GN!Reader)

Summary: Natasha wakes up to share a beautiful morning with the reader, the person she loves most in the world. However, it soon becomes clear that everything is not as it seems. 

Rating: Teen/Mature

Tags: angst, the framework, suggestive themes, mentions of death, blood, loss, grief

    "Good morning, lover," you sang, jumping down the stairs with a morning energy that Natasha could simply never match

    "Good morning, lover," you sang, jumping down the stairs with a morning energy that Natasha could simply never match. Your smile was as bright as the rising sun, a sight that she would never tire of. You strode across the kitchen and placed a kiss on her cheek, hand trailing across her shoulder blades as you passed by.

The toast popped up at the exact moment you stopped in front of the toaster and you hummed in gentle acknowledgement that Natasha had once again managed to get it the exact way you loved. Popping it onto the plate, you stretched up to grab some spread from the cupboard, the hem of your nightshirt (one stolen from her own collection) lifting over your hips to expose your perky cheeks, still red from last night.

"Stop staring at my arse," you chided without turning around, lathering the toast with your favourite spread. Knife in hand, you managed to look more attractive than ever – despite the smudged makeup and lightly bruised skin, or perhaps because of it. There was nothing Natasha loved more than knowing you were hers and the marks on your body proved just that. "I'm still sore so no more fun until at least after lunch."

"Is that a promise?"

"Always," you grinned. Twisting round to face her, you leant against the counter top bathed in warmth and love. Natasha had never imagined that she would get to live this kind of life, a quiet domesticity with you. There were no secrets, no plots to foil. Just you, the person she loved, and a big house full of happy memories.

Rising to her feet, Natasha plucked the second piece of toast from your side and took a bite, eyebrow raised in defiance. You shot her a look, a playful warning that wasn't entirely playful. You were good but she was better and continued to munch on your breakfast, teasing your limits until you snapped.

Like a child, you leapt forward and snatched back the half that remained. Before you could storm away, Natasha wrapped her arms around your waist and pulled you against her, bodies fitting perfectly together. She knew every inch of you, the smooth, the rough, and had mapped it all out with careful precision across the years. It was second nature now, finding the exact spots that made you moan her name, the desperate sound like music to her ears.

She broke the kiss, lips brushing against yours as she said, "Something to drink?"

It wasn't really a question and you knew it. Natasha always looked out for you and knew that, regardless of what you claimed, you always needed to hydrate more in the mornings after a heavy session together. You looked up at her from beneath those gorgeous lashes and smiled, accepting her caring suggestion with love in your eyes. "Juice, please."