Chapter One

The final school bell of the day rang, finally I could go to practice with the cheer team and then rush to track practice. I carefully put my math assignment in to my binder, I had 2 more problems to complete but I could do that tonight. My friends were standing just outside the door. I grabbed my bags and headed out with them.  We went to the practice room and got changed into our cheer clothes. When we were finished I waited for the rest of the team. Within 10 minutes we were all warmed up and decided to practice jumps. I created an amazing, but complex, jump sequence. I was going over it for the third time when over the loudspeakers we heard, "Charity Smith report to the front office, again will President Chasity Smith report to the front office. I gave my second in command, and best friend Hailey my binder with the routines. I whispered "Do you mind covering for me, just don't do stunts without me." She gave a small nod and got the team back to practice. I ran to the front office and got there in two minutes flat, an new record. There was a tall boy about 6 feet tall, he towered over my 4'11 height. The principle told me he was a transfer and that I was to show him around campus. I smiled up at him and said "Hi my name is Charity, I'm student body president, star runner on the track team, and captain of the varsity cheer team." He nodded and said "I'm Wyatt, I don't like preppy cheerleaders or stuck up girls." I laughed and said "Good thing I'm neither." He scoffed and walked behind me "So what brought you to East High" "My dad got a promotion and we moved here from Alaska." he retorted "Welcome to sunny California then" He said "Can we focus on the tour." I nodded and led him around the school and ended the tour by saying "Well Wyatt, I hope you enjoy the rest of the day and I'll see you Monday, I'll be walking you to every class as president." He remarked "Lucky me"  I just laughed and looked up at him. He was tall, pale, had beautiful curly brown hair and deep brown eyes. Wait it can't be I can't like this guy who was so rude.